• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dr. Mabuse

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix

I dunno, i think i'll still like SQs black distressed MMM hitops in 10 years. CP will still look good.

i have learnt from experience that this is not the right option. You just simply don't enjoy the 4 pairs as much.

No real need to answer as you have pretty much covered it. I would venture a guess that most people who buy "luxe" sneakers also own a variety of other shoes. I will agree that the quality to price ratio holds no real water but that's not the point of buying any clothes if you are interested in personal style, design, etc. You buy them because for whatever reason you want to own them and owning them gives you enjoyment. This is only tangentially related, but it blows my mind the amount of money certain posters spend on budget stuff. I have a feeling the income gap between some people who shop budget stuff and some of those who pick up a few designer items here and there is not all that great.

wogbog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To me it seems like most non-pricey sneakers have at least one thing going on that screams "if you care about how this looks: **** you" like a brand or lame colour/texture for the sole or something. That or they're the basic chuck/keds/etc shape.

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Conversely, I think these bronze $60 supras I'm wearing right now are better than quite a few things in the baller thread. This thread does not have the monopoly on ugly ******* shoes. I guess what one of my points is is that I don't buy the shoes because they cost $$$. I mean, I love some of the Lanvins that are posted and I'd absolutely buy them if they were retailing for $80 instead of $500, simply because they're really freaking cool shoes (would a lower retail price point dissuade others from buying them? If so, then i'm guessing they're buying the label, not the shoe). I'm confident that if i were independently wealthy, i'd still like these Supras, and I'd also still like the expensive shoes, and my closet would feature both, and like hendrix my go-to pair would probably just be a simple pair of chucks.
smile.gif
I dunno, i think i'll still like SQs black distressed MMM hitops in 10 years. CP will still look good.
If SQ's black distressed MMM hitops are still wearable in 10 years, that'd be a damned shame because they do look pretty good and they demand to be worn. I feel the same about those grey nutsack GATs.

WorkingClassDude

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CharlieAngel
i cant' stand those laceless converse. I used to have a pair, ended up using a sharpie to paint the eyelets black and they still looked "weird". All those eyelets with no laces.. it just bothers me in a weird way.

I have a pair of Varvatos laceless Chucks, I thought I'd just dig them as they were... but after a little while I just said *******. I added laces. So now I basically just have another pair of Chucks, except without the feeling of 'these might slip off if I run or catch my foot on something odd'.

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
Hey, I like those supras, though I'd like them more without the perforation
Same. But, if they released this exact same colorway in the Skytop II, I'd be on it like white on rice. I'm a sucker for metallic coppers, bronzes, and even some golds. I wish the soles were black, but whatever.
smile.gif
However, you can't have an $80 pair of Lanvins; part of what makes Lanvins desirable is the materials and construction, and you can't do that for $80. Maybe the H&M collab will have some cheap ones though.
I meant that the high-price isn't what makes Lanvins (or any baller sneaker) attractive to me. If I like them, I'd like them just as much for $80 as I do at $500. At $500, though, it really makes me have to sit down and prioritize a few things where at $80, it's pretty much an impulse buy. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for an H&M Lanvin sneaker, too. I imagine if it exists, we'll be looking at something like a coated/waxed canvas? Which is perfectly fine with me as long as it comes in black and maybe even gray high top.
biggrin.gif

Val

Reaction score
First time posting, read most of the thread.

Was thinking about getting these canvas PF Flyers. ($50)

http://www.zappos.com/pf-flyers-cent...t=prodPage2a:0

But am tempted by the amazing sale on these leather PF Flyers. ($36.45 after 60% off)

http://www.6pm.com/pf-flyers-bob-cou...american-white

Not sure what might be best when it comes to leather VS canvas sneakers(still a newbie), but the sale on the latter has the price at cheaper than the canvas sneakers. I might go with the canvas sneakers just because I worry about white leather getting too dirty too quickly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads