• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

csjesse

Reaction score
_6013892.jpg

WorkingClassDude

Reaction score
Originally Posted by csjesse
_6013892.jpg

I can't force myself to try the lo pro Chucks. Oddly they look much more like clown shoes to me than normal Chucks. And I'm not coming down on those who wear the lo pros but there's a femininity to them that I can't seem to get past mentally. At the least, I love that gray color and I like how they are doing the red/blue striping on more models these days. I have a double details pair of hi-tops that are a slightly darker gray that have a bunch of blue and red stripes.

stinger70

Reaction score
Keep in mind that those are used. I have 2 pairs myself. Bought 'em brand new from ebay.de and paid like 30 usd each.

GAT's are great beater sneakers. Probably worth more than I paid though.
i saw those and thought they looked quite nice. Whats with being used though, arent they kind of disgusting? Is there any way to sanitise them?

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MiddleClassDude
I can't force myself to try the lo pro Chucks. Oddly they look much more like clown shoes to me than normal Chucks. And I'm not coming down on those who wear the lo pros but there's a femininity to them that I can't seem to get past mentally. At the least, I love that gray color and I like how they are doing the red/blue striping on more models these days. I have a double details pair of hi-tops that are a slightly darker gray that have a bunch of blue and red stripes.

Have you actually seen anyone wearimg them yet? Was a little intrigued the first time I saw the pics online, but they look like **** irl

csjesse

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dtmt
Have you actually seen anyone wearimg them yet? Was a little intrigued the first time I saw the pics online, but they look like **** irl

you're right. now i've returned both those and the canvas slip ons... trying to find a good pair of beaters, and so far converse isn't delivering. the only pair i have and like are white leather purcells...

any suggestions?

grouper

Reaction score
anyone have any experience with Feiyue shoes? Saw some today and I liked how they looked, and they're pretty cheap...

Feiyue-Canvas-Footwear.jpg

e0d9n0b5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grouper
anyone have any experience with Feiyue shoes? Saw some today and I liked how they looked, and they're pretty cheap...

Feiyue-Canvas-Footwear.jpg

Feiyue are great beaters. My brother has had 2 pairs and loves them, we used to have them at 4HM. Definitely worth it if you get them cheaper than Cons/Vans etc.

WorkingClassDude

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dtmt

Well thats what I mean. I don't think I've seen fit pics, I'm pretty sure I've seen people wearing them about but in passing and I don't get to like really look. They just SEEM like they look a little too thin. But also there is a Girls version of Chucks and they look pretty similar. Maybe the Hi-tops give the illusion of a taller sole, I don't know but, the lo's just look odd to me. =)

Steve Thomas

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brad2119
Thoughts on these sneakers?

IMG_1978-800x533.jpg

I'm digging those. The gray suede is nice. And the white sole looks sharp. I always have to try on shoes with the rise at the ankles. Sometimes they hit me in just the wrong place and rub the **** out of my ankles. Then again, those look nicely padded and it might not be an issue.

Steve Thomas

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bryanayrb
on the topic of chinese sneakers

bookofwarriors_shoes.jpg

cheap too

Those just make me smile. Total coolness...and I'll bet I wouldn't see a lot of people wandering the streets of Kansas City wearing them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads