• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
gilt credits from inviting other people aren't real money
teacha.gif

hickey just doesn't fit me well, I'm in between in a 40r/42r due to length and shoulder sizes, star usa fits me pretty well off the rack.

also did you see the hickey sale? was the same reject crap from 3 seasons ago that they've been putting up for 6 months. pretty sure the brand is dying too.

the brand is dead already, i think. it never really made too much sense to try and sell $1400 suits to college students so it doesnt surprise me that they're shutting down the line. the cut and workmanship is not too bad though and i picked up one (with GILT CREDITS!!1) a couple sales ago and i'm quite happy with it.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been wearing those grey spurrs for some time now. I like them. I need a smaller size now tho, so they are out of the rotation.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLester
I have been wearing those grey spurrs for some time now. I like them. I need a smaller size now tho, so they are out of the rotation.

Do they stretch quite a bit? I sized down where it still hugs my thighs and a bit tight in the waist, trying to compensate for any stretching.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
also did you see the hickey sale? was the same reject crap from 3 seasons ago that they've been putting up for 6 months. pretty sure the brand is dying too.
Actually you are half right. Hickey the brand is closing, however it is being restructured and will appear as a new label called "Hickey Freeman Sterling". It's suppoose to be released in January 2011. Apparently it will be along the same lines as hickey, however I believe the price point will be a bit lower, and they will have a bit more range in styles. I've also heard unlike hickey, everything from Sterling will be made in NY at their North Clinton Ave plant. You can read more about it here: http://www.rbj.net/article.asp?aID=184095

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Quick fit pic of the Spurr pilot jacket, I can't photograph well but the jacket is so much nicer in person.
20hpjjt.jpg
206fyi8.jpg

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RFX when I get out of school and get back in to luxury retail can I be your SA? please?

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chroMe
vivienne westwood x lee denim
army twill shirting (goes well with below shoes & heavy wool/tweed riding cropped trews)
grenson 125yr ltd edition shoes
grenson.jpg

Those grenson 125 year limited edition shoes are well made. My only quibble is that sometimes the closed channel treatment peels off easily from the sole and exposes the sole stitching, but that is just a temporary state. And it's partially due to age - I'm pretty the 125 year shoes were made in 1991, so the channel flap adhesive can age. But otherwise, great quality shoes, arguably masterpiece or near-masterpiece quality. My 125 years will get into rotation quite a bit (reddish brown single strap plain monkstraps).

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
RFX when I get out of school and get back in to luxury retail can I be your SA? please?
If you get a job at Barneys in NY, then maybe.
lol8[1].gif
And is that SQ's receipt as your avy?

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BubblyMasquerade
ooo did you get it at c21?
Pretty sure that jacket is current (FW10) collection

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Was the C21 question in regards to me?
But yah, it is from the current season and I don't think there is a Century 21 in Cali.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
If you get a job at Barneys in NY, then maybe.
lol8[1].gif

And is that SQ's receipt as your avy?

Yes, and Barney's Madison is the goal, though I've been toying with the idea of Vegas. My previous job was at Barney's in Chevy Chase.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Selection in the Barneys Vegas sucks, I don;t think they even carry Margiela. I just imagine the Barneys in NY is the epitome and probably has the most/best selection.

skunkworks

Reaction score
Vegas carries Margiela, at least as of last weekend.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
Selection in the Barneys Vegas sucks, I don;t think they even carry Margiela. I just imagine the Barneys in NY is the epitome and probably has the most/best selection.

Madison is incredible, 5 floors of luxury. I think they have a lot that other locations don't have.

Vegas would be more for the pursuit of my other interests and having a day job. There is also the Lanvin men's and the Dior Homme in Vegas.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads