• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MEGA-Douche Roommate

Kyoung05

Reaction score
Originally Posted by EMY
Fact. this guy has much experience with douches.

I have a friend who also says "It's the best!" every time I ask him about a particular product and those things are pure crap. ignorance is bliss, i guess.

No, Magnus is bliss.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gam29
#3 CLEANLINESS: PART 2

In my old apartment, I was getting ready to go into work one Friday. I was going through my dress shirts, and there was a particular white Burberry dress shirt I wanted to wear. Eventually, I found the shirt, but the neck collar was dirty and the sleeves were all wrinkled from being rolled up. I personally never cuff my sleeves, and I would never hang up a shirt with a dirty neck collar. I decided to ask my roommate if he knew anything about it. Sure enough, he told he "Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you about that." He decided to help himself to my closet and wear my shirt. He never asked me if he could borrow a shirt from my closet nor did he even think to wash the shirt since he borrowed it. Come to find out, the mofo doesn't even wear undershirts with his dress shirts because it's "too hot in the summer to wear undershirts"; so, his nasty hairy chest and sweat were all over my Burberry shirt. He probably only grabbed that one since it was the only brand in my closet that he recognized. Canali, Etro, Costume National, Balanciaga, etc don't exist in his world. I'd also bet that he went and bragged to his coworkers about "his" Burberry shirt too. I would have probably been more cool with this if he had asked first and told me which shirt he was interested in borrowing, but we aren't high school girls. Sharing clothes should be restricted to only the most dire circumstances. The last thing I want to do is start lending my wardrobe items to some guy who was lecturing me about how "Aldo has the best shoes".

******* disgusting.

I would seriously ******* stab him right there and then.. What the ****???????!!!!!
facepalm.gif

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would rather live with the OP's roomate than the OP. OP's roomate sounds like a slob, but the OP is wound too tight for living.

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RedLantern
I would rather live with the OP's roomate than the OP. OP's roomate sounds like a slob, but the OP is wound too tight for living.

Really? I think his expectations are reasonable.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Borrowing clothes is just plain disgusting, even you're both clean people. Coodies.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IUtoSLU
Really? I think his expectations are reasonable.

Yeah, the expectations are reasonable, but his reaction (on SF) is not. I mean, who hasn't has a slob for a roomate? Does it really warrant an indexed thread on SF? Maybe he should just boot his roomate and be done with it. Maybe just a poast in things that are pissing you off?

w.kevin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RedLantern
Yeah, the expectations are reasonable, but his reaction (on SF) is not. I mean, who hasn't has a slob for a roomate? Does it really warrant an indexed thread on SF? Maybe he should just boot his roomate and be done with it. Maybe just a poast in things that are pissing you off?

Says the slob...

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KPO89
Good friends typically don't make good roommates. To much expectations. I experienced this. We aren't friends anymore.

I am struggling to maintain my friendship with my current roommate. I think things have improved because we know we only have six months left and no sense in destroying the relationship. Definitely burned previous relationships through living together.

Never again. Significant other or no one.

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dusty
ffs, throw this guy out.

That would require growing a pair of balls and acting like a guy. Instead, the OP will continue to live with him until he hates every aspect of his life and will cry about his roommate on SF.

BP348

Reaction score
Originally Posted by unjung
Never again. Significant other or no one.

This ^

I think we all go through a stage where we have to learn it's better to live by yourself.

To the OP, I would have a long talk with your roommate about cleaning. If you don't put your footdown he will keep doing it and you should have put your foot in his ass about the shirt as soon as you found out. You let him get away with it once he's going to do it again, you can bet on that.

RedScarf7

Reaction score
Sounds like you are overreacting a little bit to the minor cleaning problems, but I would reiterate to him that cleanliness is important to you. Him taking an expensive shirt without permission, not washing it and not even mentioning it to you is definitely crossing the line. I would tell him him you are considering terminating the lease because of his indiscretions. Either that or begin brushing your ass with his toothbrush.

gam29

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RedScarf7
Sounds like you are overreacting a little bit to the minor cleaning problems, but I would reiterate to him that cleanliness is important to you. Him taking an expensive shirt without permission, not washing it and not even mentioning it to you is definitely crossing the line. I would tell him him you are considering terminating the lease because of his indiscretions. Either that or begin brushing your ass with his toothbrush.

This is genius...good advice. More stories to come likely tomorrow.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads