• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Let's see your weight loss

kakemono

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
^how do you still have a gut?

Originally Posted by APK
My guess would be a significant caloric deficit coupled with avoidance of any sort of weight training. I looked the same way when I dropped 40+ pounds during high school.

Yep, I excersized, but no weight training.

Still in the process of shaping up - I'm just happy not to be carrying that 50lbs around with me everywhere.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
sorry i sounded like a prick, good loss there. now hit the weights.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here's pics from my honeymoon (4 years ago, around 210lbs)
IMG_1013-1-1.jpg

Here I am at the beginning of this summer (165 lbs)
IMG_6894-1.jpg

I really busted ****** and was a nut case with diet, but now I'm at a point where I'm not afraid to indulge once in a while because I know I'll always be able to work it off.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
congrats on both an impressive after and the fact that someone married you in the before pic.
lol8[1].gif

really good work though in all seriousness.

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Going the other direction. From 157 to 179 in the past 2 and half months. Goal of 200 then cut down.

Watchaholic

Reaction score
Congrats to everyone whose shed that weight! I know just how hard it is to try and get in shape... Jan - August -50lb and finally feeling great and the reason to try and get some style from the guru's on here

weight1.jpg

weight2.jpg

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
congrats on both an impressive after and the fact that someone married you in the before pic.
lol8[1].gif

really good work though in all seriousness.

LOL, thanks man...she keeps telling me she doesn't care...syea right!

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i took dnp and went from 220 to 218 while typing this

HAHAHAHAHA that was funny

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
NYR, that's pretty impressive - our stats are similar, both beginning weight and current weight (weighed myself yesterday at 166, i'm 5'10"-11") the difference is that unlike you, i still have a thin layer of ******* fat around my midsection...frustrated as hell
mad.gif

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
takanohana1c.jpg

gnj0904080502004-p1.jpg

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HRoi
NYR, that's pretty impressive - our stats are similar, both beginning weight and current weight (weighed myself yesterday at 166, i'm 5'10"-11")

the difference is that unlike you, i still have a thin layer of ******* fat around my midsection...frustrated as hell
mad.gif

That last layer is the toughest to get rid of, you should try teetotalling if you haven't already (no alcohol AT ALL), or just be totally effin' nuts with what you put in your body.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I know some people question it, but the before/after pictures I've seen from those who have done the Velocity Diet are impressive. It's meant to really lean you out, but the big selling point for me is that it's supposed to serve as a detoxification of your taste buds. A lot of people who do it report losing a taste for junk food.

I think kunk's done it; he can elaborate.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^i was done with sugar for months but once you go back to a quasi-normal diet, the cravings come back

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads