• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy boots

Swan Song

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dsmolken
That is some big anteater.

yes, back before they discovered how the big scale peels up if not conditioned often. They went to a strickly small scale to combat that since they were naturally more flexible. These were well maintained, no peeling-up of the scales.

Now, how about an elegant French Calf (Wellington style)in a deep emerald. Another one that is soft as budda. Custom made in Houston (but fits me,too.
smile.gif
)

Swan Song

Reaction score
What? Nobody has Cowboy Boots to share?

drag 'em out and take a picture.

Blucher Boot custom made in Oklahoma 30-40 years ago(maybe longer)

Burgundy vamp, shaft has inlaid blue butterflies inside a lighter shade of burgundy.

Made for someone who had a foot just like mine. These are extremely comfortable to wear, and extremely well made.

French calf vamp

emptym

Reaction score
Some day, I would like to attend these classes and make my own.

dsmolken

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Swan Song
What? Nobody has Cowboy Boots to share
Nothing as nice or interesting as yours. But here's a picture I took a few years ago, and then my feet got bigger in both length and width... I still have only three of these pairs.

boots_all.jpg

I've picked up three more pairs since then but haven't photographed them yet.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Since my previous post in this thread (since it has been revived), I picked up a pair of Ariats on ebay for $25 - plain black with a bit of stitching on top and a cushioned heel. They're my Friday boot. May consider a more traditional pair someday.

TexasLidig8r

Reaction score
Am in Dallas,

Will take pics of mine tonight.

I don't wear them with suits to court but with jeans, etc.

Mine include:

1). Sea Lion
2). Burnt orange Ostrich with kangaroo tops and a burnt orange longhorn in ostrich on the front
3). Anteater in chocolate brown
4). black crocodile with hand tooled leather top

All bespoke. There's a bootmaker in Oklahoma who measures your foot 6 different ways, makes a cast of your foot and then makes the boot around it. His are incredibly comfortable.

Swan Song

Reaction score
Nothing as nice or interesting as yours. But here's a picture I took a few years ago, and then my feet got bigger in both length and width... I still have only three of these pairs.

boots_all.jpg

I've picked up three more pairs since then but haven't photographed them yet.

Well, those StingRay are most interesting, I have seen it but do not have a pair. Were they easy on the foot? I was told they are tough to break in.

And back on the right, are those Elephant? Those must be comfortable, I know they wear like iron.

Cool looking lace-ups in the front row ,too.

Swan Song

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TexasLidig8r
Am in Dallas,

Will take pics of mine tonight.

I don't wear them with suits to court but with jeans, etc.

Mine include:

1). Sea Lion
2). Burnt orange Ostrich with kangaroo tops and a burnt orange longhorn in ostrich on the front
3). Anteater in chocolate brown
4). black crocodile with hand tooled leather top

All bespoke. There's a bootmaker in Oklahoma who measures your foot 6 different ways, makes a cast of your foot and then makes the boot around it. His are incredibly comfortable.

You can PM me if you do not want his name out, and he be swamped. I'm located between you and him.

Never seen nor heard of Sea Lion being used for boots, can't wait to see pictures.

dsmolken

Reaction score
Well, those StingRay are most interesting, I have seen it but do not have a pair. Were they easy on the foot? I was told they are tough to break in.

And back on the right, are those Elephant? Those must be comfortable, I know they wear like iron.

Cool looking lace-ups in the front row ,too.

The stingray are Black Jacks, they weren't too bad to break in at first but became uncomfortable as my feet got bigger and wouldn't stretch... Definitely less flexible skin than elephant or shark. The back right are indeed elephant on a crepe sole, cheap but comfortable and solid. The left front pair are a copy of 1930s cavalry boots made somewhere in Mexico, quite nice.

Swan Song

Reaction score
The stingray are Black Jacks, they weren't too bad to break in at first but became uncomfortable as my feet got bigger and wouldn't stretch... Definitely less flexible skin than elephant or shark. The back right are indeed elephant on a crepe sole, cheap but comfortable and solid. The left front pair are a copy of 1930s cavalry boots made somewhere in Mexico, quite nice.

Less than elephant? Yikes, I might stay away, I thought my elephants took a long time!

Those ostrich ain't shabby.... they are so easy on the feet, and are timeless in style.

Who makes the ostrich?

Stewart Boot in chocolate calf. Great feel, leather is very soft to the touch. Great work boot.

Swan Song

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ole War Skule
2ppinbn.jpg

A few of mine.

I'm a sucker for suede rough-out, that one in the middle looks great.

And does that one to its' right have a purple top? More pictures of that one. Make?

I thought there had to be more Cowboy Boot people on the forum.

Come out of the darkness and into the light.

dsmolken

Reaction score
Those ostrich ain't shabby.... they are so easy on the feet, and are timeless in style. Who makes the ostrich?
The ostrich pair are Larry Mahan, about seven or eight years old? Nothing special but yeah, very classic. Living in Eastern Europe they get more "whoa what are your boots made out of" comments than anything, even stingray. I've picked up a pair of Rios Of Mercedes in hippo last year which is definitely my nicest pair - should take some pictures of those.

cmd06

Reaction score
I thought there had to be more Cowboy Boot people on the forum.

Come out of the darkness and into the light.

Out of town right now. But should hopefully have some pics later in the month.

Btw, your collection of boots are gorgeous. Very exotic and well-kept. Mine are very simple Dan Posts and Tony Lamas in calf with shades like Sienna Brown and Mahogany Tan.

jacnyr

Reaction score
I have two pairs of cowboy boots. No pictures yet. I have a pair of Lucchese and a pair of Ostrich Black Star which I get a lot of compliments on. Maybe I'll drag them out for pictures soon.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads