• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent non-Sartorialist Looks

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigbris1
Me likey

I like too but this is a bit tight in the thigh area for my comfort...

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
I like too but this is a bit tight in the thigh area for my comfort...

+1,jacket is good but pants are horrible.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex

+1 pants look like very lady like.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The sleeves are terrible--particularly on that chalk-striped double-breasted suit. You'd think they'd take the time to taper the sleeves for these photo shoots.

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
The sleeves are terrible--particularly on that chalk-striped double-breasted suit. You'd think they'd take the time to taper the sleeves for these photo shoots.

Originally Posted by forex

aren't those hyperboles?

OttoSkadelig

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum
Care to elaborate?

the quarters on any jacket will always part a bit more than usual when someone is walking (it's certainly not pinned - you would pin at the waist and up to the point where the vents begin, but not beyond.). this opening from walking is a given and it's no more accentuated in these examples than in any other. it really is the cut that results in the exceptionally open look here.

take a look at the second jacket, for example. the space bounded by the quarters is a sort of invisible triangle, with the line of the quarters being the hypotenuse. imagine there are two additional lines -- a vertical one from the button point to the base of the jacket (call it "A") and a horizontal one from the end of A to the point where the one of the quarters tapers off (call this line "B").

line B is a lot longer than it would be in most jackets. in terms of the jacket pattern, it occupies almost two of the windowpane squares. on a more conservatively cut jacket, it would be closer to one square.

a less mumbo-jumboey way of saying this (sorry, too lazy to edit the picture) would be that the horizontal distance from the center of the jacket to the point where the quarters taper off is exceptionally large.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
aren't those hyperboles?

The sleeves do look better than 99% of what you see in RTW for the most part, but it's a tragic oversight to leave them so open and bell-shaped toward the hem. It makes them outright ugly.

The criticism of the pants has been rather restrained so far. They look like pants a college girl would get for her first office internship.

gregor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
Corneliani
3+(5).jpg

Love this.

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
The sleeves do look better than 99% of what you see in RTW for the most part, but it's a tragic oversight to leave them so open and bell-shaped toward the hem.
Errrr, isn't that (at least partly) because the buttons are undone?

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoldenTribe
Errrr, isn't that (at least partly) because the buttons are undone?

I don't think so.

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wait a minute...I said that a suit looks great, and Foof didn't dispute me. Can someone check on that kid and confirm he's ok? I'm worried about him...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads