• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IST66
Superb!
worship.gif

Originally Posted by Cary Grant
Just as the threak sank to new depths of weird, MoK, PhattyG and comrade IST save the day. Furriners 3, Amurikans 0.

teacha.gif

Originally Posted by JohnsNotHere
I was thinking the same... triple threat
worship.gif

Cheers guys!

Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Trying to bring the cup back home:
Nice suit Spoo and I like that PS. Not keen on the tie - too shiny for my taste but the colour works.

Originally Posted by W.R.
Thank you!
Yes, I do, but so far it's all in Swedish. Will probably get an English version going soon. Will let you know.
RL cable
Stenströms
Bow tie from my own business

I'd like to see a full shot to better judge the bows proportions. Colours suggest it could be a fun combination.

Originally Posted by Philip1978
Awesome
Thanks

Originally Posted by MrChris
(Charcoal pants)
I like the individual parts, but I'm not sure about the shirt/jacket pattern mix.

Originally Posted by 0b5cur1ty
Welcome back MoK - like both fits.
Cheers! I can't see me getting back to daily posting, but I'll make sure I pop in fairly regularly.
Originally Posted by 0b5cur1ty
End-of-day crumplevision:
Hey - I can look that crumpled at the start of the day
wink.gif

Originally Posted by niidawg3

keepin' Sco'
lol8[1].gif

Niidawg - are you swapping the mug for a sunderland one shortly?
wink.gif

Originally Posted by clarinetplayer
I really like the blue pinstripe.
Thanks - no idea who the fabrics from, but it seemed decent, and was quite reasonable when I had another suit made up. I was impressed enough with Mangas to go for a couple more.

Originally Posted by JPHardy
Only PS/Suit/Tie
in ACA​
[/center]

Panerai?

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
And a big-assed watch.
laugh.gif

I do believe it's a Panerai if I'm not mistaken.

-LR

kevinsp8

Reaction score
Kept it basic blue, hopefully no one's sensitive retinas will be damaged
smile.gif

lavegas137.jpg

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Deets on lastmaker of footwear, plz

If I advocated trainers with suits, that would be fine with me - it has the right kind of shape for it. But I'm pretty certain we're in a new decade now and need to find another clever way of subverting sartorial tradition

kevinsp8

Reaction score
^ Meh. It's a cotton suit, at an afternoon show about GIs in the South Pacific. Just felt more comfortable. Sometime's a cigar's just a cigar.

JPHardy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by barims
^ Deets on lastmaker of footwear, plz

If I advocated trainers with suits, that would be fine with me - it has the right kind of shape for it. But I'm pretty certain we're in a new decade now and need to find another clever way of subverting sartorial tradition

If I'm not mistaken, they are Vass

VASS
Since 1966​

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kevinsp8
Kept it basic blue, hopefully no one's sensitive retinas will be damaged
smile.gif

lavegas137.jpg

I recognize that theatre. You're in Toronto, right? Given how hot it's been you were probably one of the few people there in a suit.

kevinsp8

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JPHardy
If I'm not mistaken, they are Vass

VASS
Since 1966​

Brooks Bros.

Originally Posted by Dr Huh?
I recognize that theatre. You're in Toronto, right? Given how hot it's been you were probably one of the few people there in a suit.

Right. It was hot. There were actually several older gentlemen (i.e. over 70) with nifty sport jackets on.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JohnsNotHere
Furriners 3, Amurikans 1
That's not fair! Our man Spoo should count for more than one because he posts so frequently. He walks the razor's edge nearly every day. (And sometimes dances on it.)

Originally Posted by aeglus
yfyf has disproportionately long arms as well so you may want to look at what he's done for some ideas.

Originally Posted by niidawg3
i think the length is fine ... i was referring to the fullness of the body and sleeve. check out the discussion on sleeves in the despos thread. i think it was explained better there than i ever can.
Thank you, gentlemen. I will follow up on your leads.

Originally Posted by literasyme
Ignore the supposed relationship between your arms and the length of your coat. If it covers your seat, it's the correct length -- whether your dangling arms only come to the top of the pockets or your wrists are tickled by the hem. How often do you stand with your arms flush by by your side, after all? On the other hand, your ass generally remains in place at the bottom of your spine, and is thus a more stable, and, er, fundamental point of reference.
While it's true that ****** is, to say the least, a stable point of reference, I think it's oversimplifying the situation to say that a jacket's length is correct as long as one's butt is covered. All my jackets cover ******. What I'm trying to determine is if I should wear jackets that just barely cover ****** or if I could perhaps offset my simian arms by wearing slightly (or even significantly) longer jackets.

srivats

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kevinsp8
Brooks Bros.

Right. It was hot. There were actually several older gentlemen (i.e. over 70) with nifty sport jackets on.

Hope you don't mind me saying this - you should just crop your face out of the photos. As is, I have a hard time escaping your 'If you look elsewhere, I'mma kill you' stare
smile.gif

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Yeah... I still need to get those squeaks out. Will crack them out again in the fall. Maybe Ill pull out a new Charvet for you tomorrow.

baby powder does the trick. there should be some around, young dady
wink.gif
...and don't be grasping with the powder...

we already have fall here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads