• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please.

Style_Noob

Reaction score
Hi guys after a lot of reading in this forum and buildung up a good wardrope,
I think
blush.gif
I`m on two themes where I need your direct help. First one:

I need a black pair of leather boots for fall/winter. It should be a bit dressier pair, but still
casual, which isn`t too clunky. I would really like the Alden Indy Boots, but as a pupil
I can`t spend 400 $ for a pair of boots, so could you suggest me cheaper alternatives?
Also I `ve thought of going with a pair of working boots, what do you think?

I also want a new winter jacket, I`ve decided going with a black pea coat,
that looks a bit more modern. But I have no idea which one I should pick up.

Thank you for your help!

captmomo

Reaction score
Can I pair spectator shawls with a pair of dark jeans?

Also, which brands make shoes similar to SeaVees camp side moccasins?

wbd713

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good pair of chinos? I have looked at the J.Crew Bowery and the Brooks Brothers Milano.

adidasfan

Reaction score
I want black black wax biker jeans that are preferably skinny.

Who should i be looking at?

Eswin

Reaction score
Looking for a decent canvas messenger bag ( preferably with a leather trim) I have seen a Urban outfitters renewal bag and a LL bean I've wanted but I am able to spend up to £150 on such a bag, any recommendations?

Reaction score
recommend me a site where i can buy mens stainless steel or mens silver/leather bracelets for no more than 200usd?

ihatelucy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wbd713
Can anyone recommend a good pair of chinos? I have looked at the J.Crew Bowery and the Brooks Brothers Milano.

You looked at the J.Crew Bowery, but did you check our their essentials? I have 2 pairs of their slim fits--pretty nice stuff.

fungz0r

Reaction score
Looking for a decent pair of first boots, i don't own a pair right now and would like one for the winter season, especially to wear in the rain and cold. Would be wearing with jeans most of the time

Cheese1

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a hightop pair of all white sneakers?

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fungz0r
Looking for a decent pair of first boots, i don't own a pair right now and would like one for the winter season, especially to wear in the rain and cold. Would be wearing with jeans most of the time
I could recommend you boots ranging from $150 to >$5000, this post is useless without a price range

fungz0r

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
I could recommend you boots ranging from $150 to >$5000, this post is useless without a price range

Something less than $300 would be preferable

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Fiorentini + Baker boots were on sale at Barneys for unheard of prices a few weeks ago, not sure if they're still on sale or if any are left. To Boot New York is my new "to recommend" low-priced brand, they retail at $200-$300 and can readily be found at $150-$200. LL Bean Katahdin boots are a good choice, retail $150 or so iirc. Paul Smith can drop to there, but only at end of season sales

Or just look on ebay and hope your luck is with you. I've seen a lot of great boots sell at cheap prices but because I'm going on a trip my hands (and wallet) are tied

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would look at grenson rushden as well IMO

They are pretty good at that price and you can get the sole redone too.

ben22

Reaction score
yo i need to buy some sneakers that are dark (no white soles), preferably unicolor. less than 150 bucks. i like vans (although everyone has the black authentics) and something like the nike all court lows. could anyone recommend anything?

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ben22
yo i need to buy some sneakers that are dark (no white soles), preferably unicolor. less than 150 bucks. i like vans (although everyone has the black authentics) and something like the nike all court lows. could anyone recommend anything?

All-black keds, you can buy 3 online for 105

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads