• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

elfather

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prada_Ferragamo
You can't be ******* serious.
ill show you the tag lol. I like the pants so i bought them lol. too bad if i got raped i guess...
Originally Posted by bows1
Good god man. Just throwing money away
I don't find anything wrong with diesel pants.... but I'm here to learn so please enlighten me guys.....

dls6128

Reaction score
The distressing on the jeans is really bad, especially considering that you can buy just about any jean on the market for that price. Plus, for $400, the denim quality is ****. The Hugo Boss stuff is just ugly. You're paying through the nose for the logo and nothing else. The Ferragamo GAT-replicas look... okay, but for that price you can probably get MMMs with better styling or, at the very least, no branding.

The non-clothing stuff is okay.

Mountains

Reaction score
They just made their yearly profit off your single purchase. You can probably buy the same thing at AE for 20 dollars.

Despite their styling, Diesel makes decent quality clothing. A bit expensive, perhaps, but well above AE.

elfather

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dls6128
The distressing on the jeans is really bad, especially considering that you can buy just about any jean on the market for that price. Plus, for $400, the denim quality is ****. The Hugo Boss stuff is just ugly. You're paying through the nose for the logo and nothing else. The Ferragamo GAT-replicas look... okay, but for that price you can probably get MMMs with better styling or, at the very least, no branding.

The non-clothing stuff is okay.

Ok i think whether something looks nice or ugly is completely subjective.But i respect your opinion and thank you for being honest. You saying the Ferragamos are replicas of what? sorry for the noobness lol but can you show me what you're talking about? Thanks.

I just bought a pair of pure blue japan on another forum. i will then compare them to the diesels. Will the pure blue Japan be something i can possibly compare with the diesels and tell the differences in denim?

They just made their yearly profit off your single purchase. You can probably buy the same thing at AE for 20 dollars.

lol@ yearly profit. Oh well. I own a lot of diesel and they have been around 160-180 range this are the only ones i have paid so much. There no other way to Justify it other than i really like them
shog[1].gif

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GATs = German Army Trainers

If you are a denim noob, there are millions of threads on this forum discussing the quality of denim. Just use the simple search function at the top.

I have a couple pairs of diesel jeans that I purchased 4 or 5 years ago that I still wear from time to time. I don't know about their current quality, but the distressed ones are just really really ugly.

To Elfather:
Here is my honest opinion: if you really want to develop a personal style and care about the way you look, lurk around the forum a bit. Stop buying overpriced brand junk. At this point, it appears that you are just a brand whore

elfather

Reaction score
Thanks for all the opinions and advise guys even tho they are all bad lol but i'm here to learn and these are the type of replies you really learn from,so thanks! But i still like the stuff so i'm just gonna keep them for now lol at least until i learn more about what's out there.

Question, i need a pair of black sneakers and i want to stay on the range of $300-350 maybe $400 what do you guys recommend?
My anniversary it's coming up so it will be the perfect excuse to my wife hahaha.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by elfather
Thanks for all the opinions and advise guys even tho they are all bad lol but i'm here to learn and these are the type of replies you really learn from,so thanks! But i still like the stuff so i'm just gonna keep them for now lol at least until i learn more about what's out there.

If you're spending $400+ on jeans that terrible, you're richer than you're letting on.

Diesel is hit and miss/ those jeans are a miss.
Logo shirts usually suck. Hugo Boss usually sucks. Those shirts suck. Bad. The sneakers are OK, but for the price you paid for those ****** jeans you could get Lanvin sneakers.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Diesel is
a) a very successful brand (at least until the economic downturn)
b) generally very high quality

PS they own MMM, so every time you buy MMM you are contributing to Diesel's yearly profit.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trip to NYC... BRUTAL, all the cool shops (Rick, Atelier, Aloha, etc.) were CLOSED for 4th of July. Barney's is a pretty sweet store, wanted to COP Lanvin so bad but not in my size on sale. Didn't make it to Margiela store, will be back in NYC in a few weeks so more damage will be done. Anyways: Dior Homme 17.5cm made in Japan, indigo. +J navy and khaki dress pants (thx Jil, love love love) +J white long sleeved tee 7 pairs of Uniqlo socks (ahhhhh
biggrin.gif
) H&M drapey cardigan

elfather

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
If you're spending $400+ on jeans that terrible, you're richer than you're letting on.

Diesel is hit and miss/ those jeans are a miss.
Logo shirts usually suck. Hugo Boss usually sucks. Those shirts suck. Bad. The sneakers are OK, but for the price you paid for those ****** jeans you could get Lanvin sneakers.

Got ya. Thanks
fistbump.gif

Originally Posted by Magician
Diesel is
a) a very successful brand (at least until the economic downturn)
b) generally very high quality

PS they own MMM, so every time you buy MMM you are contributing to Diesel's yearly profit.

Wow, Did not know that. Cool fact.

He's too poor to kop Lanvins.

lol Maybe if i sell the jeans and cough up the rest eh? hahahah. Lanvins are nice maybe i'll get a pair one day.

elfather

Reaction score
I really liked diesel pre my SF days. The quality was decent, the price was good, and not so much distressing.

What do you think about this?
418d7726_vbattach90913.jpg

got them on sale last night for $160. Good, Bad?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads