• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Going on my first cruise this Sunday

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
7 day cruise from LA down the "Mexican Rivera". Go to Cabo, Mazatlan and PV.

Carnival cruise. first 2 1/2 days are on the ship en route..will I get really bored?

Hoping the internet works ok on the ship. any general tips?

fight[1].gif

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ive never been on a cruise but I was supposed to go on the weekender from Long Beach to Ensenada and back last month but had to bail cause of a funeral at the last minute.

All my friends that went (like 20) said it was fun but by sunday night they were about ready to leave.

Bring your own booze. Everyone smuggled theirs on water bottles and got through 100%. Othewise your gonna get raped on the drinks.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It takes alittle getting used to. If you active i think you'll be bored. the excursions aren't all that great. Bring some books and lay out on the deck. The internet is kinda slow but it works

stylish__e

Reaction score
eat as much as you can.

if you are crossing international waters, buy cheap duty free alcohol (wont get delivered to your room until the last day)

I went on a Carnival cruise as well last summer, down in the bahamas. My brother and i bought 9 liters of various vodkas at about $11/each. JW - Blue was i believe, ~$75

you'll have a daily itinerary sent to your room every morning with various activities. they can be pretty fun depending on your age.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Internet will be expensive as **** on the ship.

Read the daily newsletter and find things to do and people to meet, you will be bored just wandering alone on the ship looking for stuff to kill time with.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think internet is $25 an hour. Luckily I'm putting that on my work credit card so I can check emails if needed.
teacha.gif

What is the speed like on those? is it like modem-speeds? how many hours of a day at sea will the network be "up"?

I'm guessing Skype voice is out of the picture.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonick
Internet will be expensive as **** on the ship.

Read the daily newsletter and find things to do and people to meet, you will be bored just wandering alone on the ship looking for stuff to kill time with.

I thought the internet was free in the common areas.

Beta

Reaction score
i recommend liquor in waterbottles, drinks are $. Don't use the internet, there are actual human girls to interact with on the cruise. Carnival is known for having chicks that are DTF. I recommend the waterslide, particularly if it is broadcasting a live feed on channel 12 in the room tvs.

May want to tip your room attendant the first day, they will take care of you. (ice always filled, clean your ****, not steal)

Make friends with the chicks that work on the cruise as entertainers, they know the cool places to go in port. a lot of the time carnival will own/lease an apt for them to hang out at when in port, this is generally at a cool place to be.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Beta
Carnival is known for having chicks that are DTF. I recommend the waterslide, particularly if it is broadcasting a live feed on channel 12 in the room tvs.

Make friends with the chicks that work on the cruise as entertainers, they know the cool places to go in port. a lot of the time carnival will own/lease an apt for them to hang out at when in port, this is generally at a cool place to be.

+1 on this, Carnival is known for their party atmosphere, you made a good choice with Carnival (assuming you are not a 70 year old senior citizen)

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've been on lots of cruises. Depending on the ship, the sea days are the most fun, IMO. Modern cruise ships are pretty impressive structures and sea days give you a chance to explore, relax by the pool, enjoy the experience of being at sea, etc. Two sea days to start your trip is ideal, IMO. Usually you have a bit of residual stress at the beginning of a vacation. A couple of relaxing sea days can help you get your mind into "vacation mode."

Have fun.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm bringing some Ambien and some Dramamine...maybe some pepto just in case. I need to figure out the best way to booze it up. where's the best place to hang on the ship? Chill at the pool, read and drink cervezas?

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am back. had a great time. very relaxing, it was hard even to read magazines on the ship....most of the time I just laid out by the pool, drank fruity drinks and beers all day while tanning...eating and hitting the gym and going out at night. Did not get bored. It was more of a couples cruise though but I did meet a lot of people on the ship.

Ports were ok...I really enjoyed just hanging out by the pool and drinking more though. Food was way better than I thought it would be and there was so much. Rooms were kind of whatever but they worked I guess. Internet was $100 for 250 minutes worth of usage which I used throughout the trip (checked in the AM and PM). It was suprisingly quick on the satellite internet, I was actually able to make outgoing skype calls at sea with good results.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice to hear you had a good time! Did you go with a significant other or with some buddies?

Which ports did it dock (snicker) in?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads