• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Kent Wang MTM Suit Experience

ChrisK21

Reaction score
I decided it was time to revamp my suits with RTO well underway and figured I'd give Kent Wang a try based on the reviews here. I'm generally very underwhelmed with the entire process and the outcome. I've been a lurker for a long time here, but this is my first post because of frustration and a general lack of responsiveness.

First, I went into the physical location to get fitted to avoid any large sizing mistakes. I was there for almost 4 hours total with an appointment. This should have been a red flag to me. Other customers were coming in and out during the timeslot and what should've been a 1-2 hour process for fitting ended up taking twice as long. In all fairness, I wasn't aware of space limitations either and arrived 15 mins early into another customer's appointment.

Thoughts on the suit:
The waist on the trousers came completely off, and when I reached out to Aaron about this, I was told that I was fitted for a size 34 and that they did not change the waist. I have not gained any weight. I still wear the same pants I wore to the fitting at Kent Wang's location almost a month and a half ago (I typically wear a size 33 waist OTR). They made an error here, and I think it should be owned as such. If I purchased a pair of OTR trousers and I didn't read the sizing instructions, then I would own that mistake. There's not enough room to tuck in a dress shirt. What actually happened the day of the fitting was that he had me put on a pair of test trousers that were way too large, and the second pair may not have actually been a size 34. This error was exactly why I went in to get fitted. Seems as though a size 33 waist OTR is a true to size 36.

I don't know if other people have experienced this, but the trousers also came completely unhemmed. So to summarize the trousers, they are one-two sizes too small in the waist with an extra foot of fabric in the inseam.

As for the jacket, I'm letting it hang and may try the shower trick to relax some dimpling near the left armpit that I'm hoping is just a result of how the suit was shipped. I'm concerned about some of the sleeve liner stitching that I see and wonder how the actual suit will hold up over time. Some of the liner was also already fraying upon arrival. Aside from those concerns, the fit of the jacket seems decent.

Maybe I was expecting too much, but MTM suits from other shops I've ordered have not been this way. The best decision I made that day was to order 1 suit to test instead of the multiple pieces I had planned.

Nero1626

Reaction score
I ordered an MTM suit from Kent Wang in September. Yeah, I was pretty disappointed by its quality when I received it in the cheapest packaging ever. The jacket was fine, but the trouser as you mentioned unhemmed. Its length was so ridiculously long. I emailed Aaron, and he told me to go to an alteration shop to get it done. Well, not sure about their other products but I personally won't use them again. (I picked out two fabrics but I was told that my first choice was out of stock a week later, so they had to go with my second choice.)

ChrisK21

Reaction score
Took 4 months to receive 2 MTM shirts that I ordered with the suit. That's all I have to say about them. In what other industry is service like that acceptable? Im not building a custom home here.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads