• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kappelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vintage today

mmm56.jpg

Teou

Reaction score
Vintage piece from my father. 1970s piece. Had it polished and serviced recently.

L1020735.jpg

IMG_0287.jpg

IMG_0283.jpg

Original lizard skin strap and buckle.

Teou

Reaction score
Originally Posted by clockwise
Here is a manual wind Panerai Radiomir with the 8 day JLC movement. Rose gold for the pink cloud days. I don't wear this one often enough.

IMG_9901.jpg

That is just gorgeous! I am thinking hard of getting a 190.

longskate88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The new crop of affordables...sold all my nicer ones a year ago to try and quit the hobby, but it's dragging me back in
devil.gif

clockwise

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by longskate88
The new crop of affordables...sold all my nicer ones a year ago to try and quit the hobby, but it's dragging me back in
devil.gif

This "hobby" is hard to quit. Some people refer to it as an addiction but "hobby" sounds better.
smile.gif

I have sold several of my nicer ones too but still keep many. Just can't let go.

clockwise

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teou
That is just gorgeous! I am thinking hard of getting a 190.

Thanks. The 190 is the more sensible choice of course, you get the same beautiful movement at a more palatable price. Only way to get that one is pre-owned of course, the model is long since discontinued after Panerai introduced their own movements. I have the same JLC movement in another watch, Cartier Tortue 8 jours in white gold. Will post some pictures later.

Originally Posted by zoorado
^ Incredible watch. Love the crown.

Thanks. It is indeed a sweet watch and I agree about the crown. It's unfortunately a little bit big to fit comfortably under the cuff and a bit too formal for casual.

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by California Dreamer
My new beater watch. Frederick Constant quartz, with "crococalf" band (whatever that is).

I always thought that crococalf is just calfskin that is imprinted with the croc-scales.

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by clockwise
This "hobby" is hard to quit. Some people refer to it as an addiction but "hobby" sounds better.
smile.gif

I have sold several of my nicer ones too but still keep many. Just can't let go.

agreed, i thought i was done with it, kept just my speedy pro and a vintage air king. there was nothing out there that i really lusted over. now i've seen pics of the new tudor heritage and just can't get it out of my head, i'm going to have a put an order in next week i think.

CommercialDoc

Reaction score
Looking to order the SS bracelet for my wife's JLC Ladies Master Compressor to replace the leather band. Any suggestions for a dealer who can get this to me quickly at a good price?

Thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads