• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anthony Delos shoes and related subjects

ajv

Reaction score
And now the destruction starts :

and it goes on :

and on :

now where are those tippy toes ?

they are dead :

I will publish some more shoes soon,

Adrian

DWFII

Bespoke Boot and Shoemaker
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Those spectators are beautiful. Nice lines, great proportions, best colour combination I've seen and the workmanship is superb.

Did he tell you why he cut the heels stiffener area? What was he looking for?

ajv

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DWFII
Those spectators are beautiful. Nice lines, great proportions, best colour combination I've seen and the workmanship is superb.

Did he tell you why he cut the heels stiffener area? What was he looking for?

Thank you for him.

Anthony cut every trial pair for me that way. Regarding the heels stiffener it is because he wants to make sure that my heels are tight enough, as I like to wear shoes that fit like a glove and also because like most humans my heels are by far not equally large and high.
I hope that's the sort of answer you were expecting, not sure about my english skills though.

Adrian

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful spectators.

DWFII

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ajv
Thank you for him. Anthony cut every trial pair for me that way. Regarding the heels stiffener it is because he wants to make sure that my heels are tight enough, as I like to wear shoes that fit like a glove and also because like most humans my heels are by far not equally large and high. I hope that's the sort of answer you were expecting, not sure about my english skills though. Adrian
Thanks for the response. I like the way you think...both of you.

emptym

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ajv
they are dead :

So sad! But I guess it's for a good cause. Thank for sharing these with us.

ajv

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DWFII
Thanks for the response. I like the way you think...both of you.

Just as an aside info, you will notice on the cut shoes that the toe stiffeners are thermo ones, and glued for that matter. Those are, obviously, only used on the trial pair on the pair that will be delivered the will be in leather.

Adrian

DWFII

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ajv
Just as an aside info, you will notice on the cut shoes that the toe stiffeners are thermo ones, and glued for that matter. Those are, obviously, only used on the trial pair on the pair that will be delivered the will be in leather. Adrian
I would've done it that way myownself. Fact is that I'm experimenting with using fiberboard for trial shoe insoles. Good insole shoulder is too hard to come by in the States to risk having to discard a pair. I miscalculated the heel to ball measurement on a pair of lasts for an order recently and when I discovered my mistake, I realized that the insoles were too short for the final shoes.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ajv
Yes, pretty close, we may just cream them with some black to add some shades. Mind you, the cap-toe will be the same colour as the rest. Only the medallion will be a different colour and material.

Adrian

adrian,

honestly, i do not know a lot about this "finishing" techniques. i trust anthony's and your expertise.

for me it's much more important that this pleasant experience occured to you.

i'm writing this with the impressions of my very own experiences working with a master of lasts and trees. what a day.

keep it going...

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those spectators are absolutely divine. I feel that if you do spectators, they ought to look like that. They really are superb.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics