• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Home Made Sausage, Cured, and Smoked Meats

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
laugh.gif
As I was reading it, I was thinking "why would TK not just use pork stock?"

If you notice, the cook I kop'ed it from said it was adapted from TK. I figure he made that sub.

What do you think? Look like it'll lead to pork heaven?

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
If you notice, the cook I kop'ed it from said it was adapted from TK. I figure he made that sub.

What do you think? Look like it'll lead to pork heaven?

Sounds like your house is where little piggies go to die this weekend.
laugh.gif

That braise sounds great though.
drool.gif
It's just so pesky to have to do it all in the oven... if only there were some other way.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Sounds like your house is where little piggies go to die this weekend.
laugh.gif

That braise sounds great though.
drool.gif
It's just so pesky to have to do it all in the oven... if only there were some other way.

laugh.gif

I hear people have made career decisions based on this kind of ****.

So bite me with that damn thing!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Yikes, bite off too much today.

Okay, have thuringer ground and seasoned, fermenting in the fridge. Here's a pic of some of the ingredients. The fermento mimics certain bacteria excretions that gives salumni that tangy taste. Second pic is the fermento mixed with water, about to be added to the meat with spices.

IMG_0824.jpg

IMG_0825.jpg

This is a pic of some of Ruhlman's fresh bratwurst recipe. Includes cream and eggs; very rich. Fine grind then in the Kitchen Aid for some mixing so you get an emulsion.

IMG_0826.jpg

Roasted poblano and cilantro, the entire batch prior to linking it out.

IMG_0827.jpg

Lastly, what will be my pork belly confit marinading.

IMG_0828.jpg

Plan to have pork three ways for dinner.
laugh.gif

Crispy pork belly confit
Fresh bratwurst
Cabbage sauteed with lardons.

All made from scratch by me
smile.gif

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're the ******* man. The problem with styleforum is there is so much awesome stuff that I want to do but have so little time to actually attempt it. Braising, smoking, curing, bread, the list goes on and on...I don't even come SF anymore for style, clothes or whatever the ******* was originally designed for. All I browse here is the food forum, Great Back Doors, These are fake right?, and a little bit of Dumb Threads.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Confit is in the oven. Here is a stove pic where I dropped some more lard in to melt, so things would be nicely covered.

IMG_0829.jpg

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Confit is in the oven. Here is a stove pic where I dropped some more lard in to melt, so things would be nicely covered.

IMG_0829.jpg

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

laugh.gif

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
laugh.gif

Au contraire mon frere. Cholesterol was at 160 just a few months ago. It's all about careful diet. Dinner tonight, pork three ways:
IMG_0833.jpg

tropics

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is a pic of some of Ruhlman's fresh bratwurst recipe. Includes cream and eggs; very rich. Fine grind then in the Kitchen Aid for some mixing so you get an emulsion.

IMG_0826.jpg

lovely. i made that recipe before, i think it's the nicest sausage i ever made.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tropics
lovely. i made that recipe before, i think it's the nicest sausage i ever made.

Great to hear from another Ruhlman fan.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnny_5
You're the ******* man. The problem with styleforum is there is so much awesome stuff that I want to do but have so little time to actually attempt it. Braising, smoking, curing, bread, the list goes on and on...I don't even come SF anymore for style, clothes or whatever the ******* was originally designed for. All I browse here is the food forum, Great Back Doors, These are fake right?, and a little bit of Dumb Threads.

ha! Roughly 40% of my poasts are all on ToWT. I bet in 6 months it'll be 70%.

Next time I'm in Pio land, I'd like to place an order for some sausage and kielbasa. I'll bring the Musigny.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gomestar
ha! Roughly 40% of my poasts are all on ToWT. I bet in 6 months it'll be 70%.

Next time I'm in Pio land, I'd like to place an order for some sausage and kielbasa. I'll bring the Musigny.

When you get here next, I'll make some good things happen.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads