• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

aqhong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hossoso
Too busy with a gallery opening to participate much here but I want to be on the record as a fan of scott.m. Well dressed + moxie= win. His join date is a little over a year ago, have I just overlooked his contributions?
sufu refugee.

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Border you're not all that off base, start low key and work up. Buying lots of expensive items in short periods of time when you're new to the game doesn't usually fare well for both your look and your wallet. Expensive clothes ≠ Well Dressed, 60% of the time, all the time.

As well, remember there's a scondhand market out there that could be worthlooking into.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Border123
Not gonna lie probably just going back to tshirt/jeans and minding my own at this point haha. I clearly am way off base on what looks good even after lurking here for a very long time.

white T/jeans/nice shoes is a winning combo if you're well built, probably going to be what I wear most during summer

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Too busy with a gallery opening to participate much here but I want to be on the record as a fan of scott.m. Well dressed + moxie= win. His join date is a little over a year ago, have I just overlooked his contributions?

i'm quite flattered, thank you very much! reality of it is, i kinda forgot i had an account ahaha, no worries, plenty more outfits where these are coming from!

grouper

Reaction score
j crew macalister
standard cloth
salt valley

2v940lz.png

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicelynice
Camera's getting fixed, enjoy this three-part mopile phone pic (cleaned my mirror AFTER this was taken)

Geller
45rpm
Uniqlo
Veronique Branquinho

**** is awesome. very nicely nice

jwied82

Reaction score
i thought the same thing, nicely, i like the whole outift alot. there have been a few 45rpm (or r by, at any rate) flannels popping up on ebay lately and ive been tempted get one.

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Border123
f1k5lv.jpg

Camera got stolen
frown.gif
. Phone pic it is.

it's Turtle! i'm willing to put money on it

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sq4you
you're gonna tell this guy to buy rick and prada? christ man. thats like giving the ring of power to a ******* goblin. you couldn't come up with something a little more in between for him to start off with?
erm no. I wasn't telling him that. I'm saying look at that **** for inspiration. He said that there is no point in him looking at uncontrol fits since he can't wear that ****, which is true. He posted a picture of a dude wearing an ill fitting button-up and some ****** jeans as what he was working towards. Wouldn't looking at how Kunk pulls off designer **** be way better than saying "I'm built, better just wear t-shirts." I'd say so. And that urban jacket looks fine, and would probably work for a muscular body type. Don't cop your whole steez from urban, but they still sell a decent amount of clothes that are perfectly fine.

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by erdawe
Border you're not all that off base, start low key and work up. Buying lots of expensive items in short periods of time when you're new to the game doesn't usually fare well for both your look and your wallet. Expensive clothes ≠ Well Dressed, 60% of the time, all the time.

As well, remember there's a scondhand market out there that could be worthlooking into.

Some of the best advice on there. I bought a bunch of ill fitting clothes when I first joined this forum, thank god they werent extremely expensive. After a few months and lurking around you get a sense of good fit (which did not have before). I sold my entire wardrobe and started over, again. UO is defiantly not a bad place to start though. Id go UO, Uniqlo, Zara for starters.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by otc
Thanks. After some considering its negatives, I decided to go with Rit dye. It is a jacket so it won't get frequent washings so I figured I didnt need to deal with the expense/hassle of fancier dyes.

I used on packet of tan powder and half a bottle of tangerine liquid (thats how it came...otherwise I would have used both liquids or both powders). Use HOT water on a freshly washed, wet garment (just out of the spin cycle should be great)...I added some amount of salt as well and maybe a bit of white vinnegar (can't remember). I did it in a big bucket and agitated like crazy for a while but it still came out slightly splotchy although it is mostly visible on the inside. I am going to wash and dye it again at some point, and I will try using the laundry machine technique (but I need to do it at a friends who doesn't have crappy pay machines with no settings). Hopefully doing it again will preserve the color or make it a little darker but even it out somewhat.

Well the results are excellent.

Dunno, but it's good to have an insider at Odin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members