• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your Best & Worst Purchases of 2009

word

Reaction score
best: eg thermal zip hoodie (I want one in a dark color to replace this one but I can't find anymore), somets

worst: prps, two apc shirts

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
fave: patrik ervell turquoise melange alpaca cardigan

worst: i bought a lot of meh stuff earlier this year

dougie

Reaction score
Best: Epaulet flannel, SEXIH07, Ernest Alexander bag

Worst: Red Wings (there's a line and I crossed it), Christopher Ward watch (it's fine, it just sits in a drawer)

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most Worn Purchases: SExDBxS09 denim, W+H Melton Wool button down, Tanner Belt, Gitman S/S, W+H polos and tees

Renewed love (purchased in 08 but wore way more in 09): J Crew x Red Wings

Worst Purchase: W+H MK-2 from S/S. Never fit right--shelled out a ton of cash for it. CDW Vest--fit way too puffy even for a down vest.

bsyde82

Reaction score
Off the top of my head:

Best: NdG tweed blazer, Ervell Fair Isle, Barney's Desert Boot (warehouse sale), EG camp shirt

Worst: APC cords (nice cords, but not worth $210, and may have to have tailor do a slight taper to make it wearable), Steven Alan stuff

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnny_5
Worst: W+H flannel
How come, Digital?

Best: s2a flannel, APC s/s white shirt, APC s/s narrow plaid shirt, Spurr shirt, mmm shirt, red wing chukkas, uniqlo flannels, kzo flannel.

Worst: nada. My new years' resolution was to stop ******* around with impulse buys or pieces I "thought" I could fit into my wardrobe.

alexwgoody

Reaction score
Best: new cures, DH 17.5cms, Fred Perry Cardigan, both my black and brown desert boots
worst: H&M knit- it looks like ****, Misc. North Face stuff.

PinkPantser

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Worst: nada. My new years' resolution was to stop ******* around with impulse buys or pieces I "thought" I could fit into my wardrobe.

booooooring

ramp

Reaction score
Best: CP training boots, N&F green weird guys, NiCo knit. Also an item on ebay that ends in a few days if I win the bidding and it fits.

Worst: mismatched chelsea boots off B&S
eh.gif
, a few things from Express, actually pretty much anything I bought during the first half of this year.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Best: CP Training Boots, ToJ Unwashed Grey Moto, Loden Dagger Sea Island Tee, blue BoO oxford

Worst: RMWs, a bunch of meh stuff that didn't fit me the way I wanted it to.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Best- H&M suit , wedding rings,LEVIS type 3 jacket

worst- J&M wingtips (thrifted),killed my feet. I am now totally against pre-owned shoes. (sounds like something most would know... I gues I am just behind the curve a tad)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads