• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you object to products from high-end clothing brands that are Made in China?

kingkv23

Reaction score
My trailer park is a high-rise apt building in NYC with a doorman and high-speed cable. You know that avatar is perfect for you d*uche bag.

Originally Posted by laughwithm3
here comes the morons, i didn't even know they have internet in the trailer parks.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If the price is right I will buy Made in China. I do try to avoid it as quality control there is supposedly no where near other countries. As far as what I will by, if the price is low enough the risk isn't much. I bought a suit at BR for $200 and it was Made in China. Turns out the suit is actually canvassed and a nice fit, so I scored on that one, but I prob would not have bought it had it been RRP (~$700).

As far as luxury brands, I'm sure they're like everyone else these days, trying to lower costs to maximize on profits.

laughwithm3

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kingkv23
My trailer park is a high-rise apt building in NYC with a doorman and high-speed cable. You know that avatar is perfect for you d*uche bag.

suuuurrreee buddy, please don't beat your marsupialed incest child later cuz ppl are being mean to you in the e-webs.

modern_leifeng

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Twotone
That being said, I wonder how many "Made in Italy" clothes and shoes are actually made by Albanian refugees working in sweatshops.

Or, as is equally likely, Chinese immigrants working in Italian sweatshops, so in the end its still made by a Chinese person.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
I chose about 5yrs ago not to stop buying anything (clothes, shoes, accessories, etc) that is explicitly stated as being Made in China. For me part of the decision is based on the quality of the goods and the labor practices but most importantly I don't want to support the ongoing politically oppressive regime in China that not only suppresses its own people but supports terrorists.

So, what terrorists does China support?

The Chinese are bring brought into Italy to work in Italian factories.

kingkv23

Reaction score
Dude you're just upset cause all the cheap junk sneakers you're selling on the forum are Made in China. Now how bout you let the intelligent and decent people who came to the forum express their opinions since clearly you have nothing of substance to share. Man you are pathetic.

Originally Posted by laughwithm3
suuuurrreee buddy, please don't beat your marsupialed incest child later cuz ppl are being mean to you in the e-webs.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I chose about 5yrs ago not to stop buying anything (clothes, shoes, accessories, etc) that is explicitly stated as being Made in China. For me part of the decision is based on the quality of the goods and the labor practices but most importantly I don't want to support the ongoing politically oppressive regime in China that not only suppresses its own people but supports terrorists.

You really need to keep up on current affairs. China is a rapidly developing country in more than one way. I also want to know about this supporting terrorist thing too.

laughwithm3

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Crane's
You really need to keep up on current affairs. China is a rapidly developing country in more than one way. I also want to know about this supporting terrorist thing too.

I assume he was refering to the genocide in Dafur.and the weapon trade. (somehow, making a false and biased statement makes him "intelligent and decent")

ZON_JR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think more than a few people in China might consider their own government to be a terrorist organization. You get that attitude in every country from both extremes, but the Chinese seem to like imprisoning guys for protesting and dissenting. They don't behead them on the internet but the effect is the same.

kingkv23

Reaction score
Since you asked, I'm not referring to the people of course, but off the top of my head the Chinese government's continued support of President Omar al-Bashir in Khartoum, Chinese occupation of Tibet, Chinese govts support of Pakistan (including helping them build a nuclear reactor and helping arm religious fundamentalists there), Chinese govt continued support of dictators in North Korea, their ongoing suppression of Taiwan; do I need to list more?

Originally Posted by Eason
So, what terrorists does China support?

The Chinese are bring brought into Italy to work in Italian factories.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
A president isn't a terrorist, tibet has been part of China for a thousand years before, and like Americans needed Native American land, China needs the land and resources in Tibet for it's population. The Chinese govt supports Pakistan, just like the US, because they don't want nuclear armed terrorists taking control of a country that's just next door. The chinese government has supported North korea because they are brother and sister countries since the Korean war, and faught on the same side. They support the assholes in charge of North Korea (who still aren't terrorists, exactly) because if NK falls, they have a huge NK refugee problem, not to mention an armed US ally at their border. I don't know how suppressed Taiwan is, the people who live there don't seem to see much suppression- China wants Taiwan back under it's "one country, two systems" policy to further it's political aims, but there will be no war and no force used to achieve this goal.

A country which seeks stability over all, such as China, has terrorists and insurgents as their natural enemies.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tibet is part of China and so is Taiwan. As far as N. Korea is concerned the Chinese government keeps them in check which is a good thing for everyone. As far as everything else is concerned I don't know anything about it.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
WTF, is this a clothes forum or some political **** fest?
ffffuuuu.gif

laughwithm3

Reaction score
Since you asked, I'm not referring to the people of course, but off the top of my head the Chinese government's continued support of President Omar al-Bashir in Khartoum, Chinese occupation of Tibet, Chinese govts support of Pakistan (including helping them build a nuclear reactor and helping arm religious fundamentalists there), Chinese govt continued support of dictators in North Korea, their ongoing suppression of Taiwan; do I need to list more?
Do Jundallah, PMOI, Iraq, Beriut car bombing, remind you of anything? United States have supported numerous "terrorists" activities similar to the ones you have listed. yet, ironically, Mr.Righteous here continues to live and pay taxes here. you are just a prejudice fool who gets brainwashed so easily by the media. you could've just said that you don't like Made in China products because you dont think the quality is good, but you had to bring all this "MORE IMPORTANTLY, I don't buy because China is evil" crap. get a clue

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads