Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Do you object to products from high-end clothing brands that are Made in China?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by stylemeup, Nov 23, 2009.

1. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Oy vey, again.

Vote for DT

2. modern_leifeng

modern_leifeng Senior member

The stupid have really come out to play today (probably typing at keyboards that were made in China). I don't understand why I'm sure some of those people who say they'd refuse to buy made in China clothing because of quality issues do so while typing on their made in China Apple computer. Made in China has absolutely nothing to do with a lack of quality, if you have established good quality control principles then your made in China products will be high quality, if you haven't, they won't, that is true no matter where in the world they are made. The "made in China" label has gotten a bad name because 1. so much of what we wear is made in China, 2. too many companies in search of the greatest possible profit drop their QI standards, and 3. Americans, demanding the cheapest possible goods, end up happy to buy crap that falls apart if they can pay next to nothing for it.

If you object to buying in China for political reasons, however wrong headed they are, more power to you, but other than that, a blanket rejection of "made in China" due to a lack of "quality" isn't very logical.

3. lee_44106

lee_44106 Senior member

The stupid have really come out to play today (probably typing at keyboards that were made in China). I don't understand why I'm sure some of those people who say they'd refuse to buy made in China clothing because of quality issues do so while typing on their made in China Apple computer. Made in China has absolutely nothing to do with a lack of quality, if you have established good quality control principles then your made in China products will be high quality, if you haven't, they won't, that is true no matter where in the world they are made. The "made in China" label has gotten a bad name because 1. so much of what we wear is made in China, 2. too many companies in search of the greatest possible profit drop their QI standards, and 3. Americans, demanding the cheapest possible goods, end up happy to buy crap that falls apart if they can pay next to nothing for it.

If you object to buying in China for political reasons, however wrong headed they are, more power to you, but other than that, a blanket rejection of "made in China" due to a lack of "quality" isn't very logical.

oy vey! [​IMG]

The chinese are good at the technology stuff, hence Apple is good.

Didn't you read in an earlier reply that there are no good Chinese artists? That's their weakness and therefore clothing/shoes from China are no good. [​IMG]

4. razl

razl Senior member

Sorry, but to me Made in China = junk. I avoid it everwhere possible for everything possible. I'll add that on an item that doesn't specifically state Made in [Anywhere Else], I presume it was made in China (or similar) and avoid it like the plague. Especially if I'm purchasing anything remotely considered luxury. ps the Toshiba laptop that I am typing on is a Japanese company and was most likely produced in Japan or [Free] South Korea. Just my .02

5. East Oakland

East Oakland Senior member

Is it just me, or is every incarnation of the made in China threak on this forum more idiotic than the last?

6. tundrafour

tundrafour Senior member

As others have said, as long as the quality is good, I don't mind. Regardless of your stance on labor conditions in China, the Chinese government, etc., manufacturing is obviously going to occur in China no matter what. I think it's better for some of it to be decent quality stuff than just relegating the entire country to manufacturing cheap plastic trinkets, etc.

7. maomao1980

maomao1980 Senior member Dubiously Honored

My trailer park is a high-rise apt building in NYC with a doorman and high-speed cable. You know that avatar is perfect for you d*uche bag.

What is it with the forum's obsession with doorman?

8. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Sorry, but to me Made in China = junk. I avoid it everwhere possible for everything possible. I'll add that on an item that doesn't specifically state Made in [Anywhere Else], I presume it was made in China (or similar) and avoid it like the plague. Especially if I'm purchasing anything remotely considered luxury. ps the Toshiba laptop that I am typing on is a Japanese company and was most likely produced in Japan or [Free] South Korea. Just my .02
    Your Toshiba might be assembled in Japan but the components are made in China. Sounds a lot like some of the designer Italian branded clothing to me.

9. IndianBoyz

IndianBoyz Senior member

I like Chinese food?

10. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Many members are doormen sitting behind the desk posting political opinions

11. TheWraith

TheWraith Senior member

Are you suggesting its worse than in China?

Did you see that 60 minutes expose on computer recycling in China back in August I think? Watch it and tell me what western country you could get away with that in.

Not at all, I'm sure it is worse in China, but the problem is bigger in western countries than you obviously realise.

12. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

Because they like to ask how much people's RL black suit costs
    Tibet is part of China and so is Taiwan. As far as N. Korea is concerned the Chinese government keeps them in check which is a good thing for everyone. As far as everything else is concerned I don't know anything about it.
    This calls for a three-some!

13. IndianBoyz

IndianBoyz Senior member

14. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Because they like to ask how much people's RL black suit costs

This calls for a three-some!

Oh here we go! Eason are you going to do what I think you're going to do?

15. TheWraith

TheWraith Senior member

+1