• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DrPat

Reaction score
Originally Posted by @matthew
I am thinking of buying the Comfort Craftsman. I went in to an RM Williams store and got fitted, they felt great on my feet. However I have a few questions. How do you think these would be on a 6 week Europe (winter) trip acting as my main shoes? As I need something comfortable and also that looks good. Also would these be good for walking all day?

This has probably been answered in this thread somewhere, however I don't have the time to read 150 pages. What colour, the chestnut or black? I'd be wearing them mostly with jeans and (if they look OK) suits.

Thanks for your help.

The flat heel provides absolutely no traction in the snow and the front isn't much better since the rubber has very small bumps. Think about that if you are going to be in a snowy environment. They do not slip in the rain or on polished floors (like leather soles would).

Ziss

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DrPat
The flat heel provides absolutely no traction in the snow and the front isn't much better since the rubber has very small bumps. Think about that if you are going to be in a snowy environment. They do not slip in the rain or on polished floors (like leather soles would).

The Lachlan, with the treaded rubber sole, may be a better choice if you'll be walking on snow or ice. I also believe you can get the comfort craftsman with that sole if you order MTO.

If you're just visiting cities in Europe, the CC would be fine.

amce

Reaction score
Originally Posted by @matthew
How do you think these would be on a 6 week Europe (winter) trip acting as my main shoes? As I need something comfortable and also that looks good. Also would these be good for walking all day?
The CC will be perfect. I live in Southern Sweden and I wear my CC's every day all year round unless there's a blizzard outside (a rare thing these days)in which case I wear my Meindl Island Pro hiking boots with a Vibram sole. Cheers

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Uh oh. I just went to order a couple of pairs from bootsonline and it doesn't look like they carry 11 F's. (My American shoe size is 12 but I wear 11 F in Craftsmans...)

I emailed them to see if they'll be able to send them but I doubt it. Any other ways of getting them from Austrailia?

Ziss

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tck13
Uh oh. I just went to order a couple of pairs from bootsonline and it doesn't look like they carry 11 F's. (My American shoe size is 12 but I wear 11 F in Craftsmans...)

I emailed them to see if they'll be able to send them but I doubt it. Any other ways of getting them from Austrailia?

They can make F widths for you - it takes 3-4 weeks longer.

amce

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tck13

You can get virtually any combination you want if you go MTO. Download RMW's catalogue from their website and check out the boot section.

Cheers

Beast Mode

Reaction score
I did not pick up boot trees from RM Williams when ordering my boots. I have read that the trees are made by Rochester Shoe Tree co. but they have many modelsof trees. Which one is for CC boots? Would Cedarville Store have a better fitting tree? If so, which model?

rammie

Reaction score
Ok so I ordered a pair of Wentworths in chestnut Friday last week from Aussie Bush Hats. They had the best price (250 AUD for the shoes and 35 AUD for express shipping) so at the time it was a no brainer but after reading more carefully now all their shoes are regarded as made to order so my pair will take about 6-8 weeks to make and on top of that shipping to sweden.
frown.gif
In the meantime, here are some pics of my suede Craftsman:
dscf2899y.jpg
dscf2896s.jpg

Beast Mode

Reaction score
Recieved my kangaroo CC yesterday. Are they supposed to be that wrinkley? I will post pictures later on today.

mrbig

Reaction score
Has anyone got pictures of the Stockman boots being worn? Maybe with the block heel or in suede?

freakydog

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Im quite new to these type of boots and I've been looking for a pair for a while now. Mostly, I have been looking at the Comfort Turnout, Comfort Craftsman and Gardener. I live in sweden so they need to be able to withstand hard winter conditions, considering our winters here ( a lot of salt and so on). Which one of these would you recommend?

Would also be very helpfull if you could give your opinion on where to buy these online. Also, does anyone know if there is a difference in sizes between the Comfort Turnout and the normal Turnout?

Thanks in advance, Freakydog!

amce

Reaction score
I am a weak, despicable being without character and resolve. All these recent posts about about CC's and Blaxlands. Expounding the Blaxland as being less chunky than the CC, being more true to the leather in and outsole Craftsman. Is it true? Are they right? Gnawing away at me, disturbing my sleep.
Finally I succumbed. My children are unfed, the rent is unpaid but at this very moment a pair of Blaxlands are winging their way North from the Antipodes.

Cheers from a weak and depraved soul.

rammie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by amce
I am a weak, despicable being without character and resolve. All these recent posts about about CC's and Blaxlands. Expounding the Blaxland as being less chunky than the CC, being more true to the leather in and outsole Craftsman. Is it true? Are they right? Gnawing away at me, disturbing my sleep.
Finally I succumbed. My children are unfed, the rent is unpaid but at this very moment a pair of Blaxlands are winging their way North from the Antipodes.

Cheers from a weak and depraved soul.

Hahah, way to go!

I didn't want to risk anything so I just did it the easy way and ordered a pair on the b530 last which are supposed to have a more generous toe anyway.
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads