• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ferguscan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by makewayhomer
thanks! I went shopping today and got similar feedback (that dark brown can be work with anything but black pants).

it looks like the Blaxland comes only (standard, anyways) in Chestnut...but I kind of prefer the Claret. thoughts on that? which color is more versatile you think? would the Blaxland do as well in winter as the Comfort Craftman?

actually on bootsonline I see:

** I don't actually like the RMW Claret colour, whereas I think the Chestnut is very handsome and versatile. Another option is Whiskey. It's an awesome colour if you're looking for something lighter than the Chestnut.

AFAIK, Comfort Craftsman = Blaxland + extra in-sole + chunky. Otherwise, they're the same. I have the Comfort Craftsman, and I regret it. I will get the Blaxland for my next pair of wet weather boots.

Also, get yourself some trees. I use the Woodlore/Epic trees that have done the rounds here on SF recently. They work great.

Thanks,

Stuart

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ferguscan
** I don't actually like the RMW Claret colour, whereas I think the Chestnut is very handsome and versatile. Another option is Whiskey. It's an awesome colour if you're looking for something lighter than the Chestnut.

AFAIK, Comfort Craftsman = Blaxland + extra in-sole + chunky. Otherwise, they're the same. I have the Comfort Craftsman, and I regret it. I will get the Blaxland for my next pair of wet weather boots.

Also, get yourself some trees. I use the Woodlore/Epic trees that have done the rounds here on SF recently. They work great.

Thanks,

Stuart

thanks again. I wrote ABH re: the difference between the Craftsman and the Blaxland, and they told me:

THE BLAXLAND & THE COMFORT CRAFTSMAN BOOTS ARE THE SAME BOOTS, THE ONLY

DIFFERENCE IS THE COMFORT HAVE THE SUPERIOR CUSHIONED INNER SOLE.
so I'm not sure about the chunky thing?

also, I have settled on Chestnut, but now I'm not sure if I should go with Kangaroo or Yearling. It seems like the Kangaroo "wrinkles" easier and looks "granier"...and I can't figure out what the pro's are? what's the reason I should spend more on these? (I am willing to, I just can't quite figure out the pros/cons)

I also think I am going to go with the Storm Welt

Ziss

Reaction score
Originally Posted by meister
Yes though it contains mink oil I think which worries me...

I used it - seems like a good product. It doesn't darken the leather, at least not from what I can tell. Pleasant smell and seemingly good leather care.

The oil may make the leather more likely to attract dust, but since these will winter boots, the extra water proofing makes it worth it to me.

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry to be annoying but, can someone either show / describe the difference in price from purchasing in NYC or ordering from Australia? I know it's in this thread somewhere but I can't find it. If it's not that much of a difference I'll just get it from the NYC store (unless it's that big of a difference). I hate waiting...

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yearling Comfort Craftsman boots in NYC cost $400 (plus tax I think), shipped from AU they will cost just under $300

Wrigglez

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ziss
I used it - seems like a good product. It doesn't darken the leather, at least not from what I can tell. Pleasant smell and seemingly good leather care.

The oil may make the leather more likely to attract dust, but since these will winter boots, the extra water proofing makes it worth it to me.

yeah it really attracts dust but that stuff is the bomb! i dont use polish, just the conditioned. when the boots are 20 years old they will be as soft as vicuna!

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yearling Comfort Craftsman boots in NYC cost $400 (plus tax I think), shipped from AU they will cost just under $300
There's really that much of a difference in the price? Any idea how long the shipping takes and who are people ordering through again?

amce

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tck13
There's really that much of a difference in the price? Any idea how long the shipping takes and who are people ordering through again?

Check your PM's

cheers

amce

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheWraith
Here are some photos of my wife's RMW The Yearling boots. Apologies for the crappy pictures, but I'm no photographer.
Nice stuff, W. Who is responsible for boot care in your family? Watching the Grand Final live on TV here in Sweden. Pies didn't make it. Go Cats! Cheers

nikolas12

Reaction score
Where can I buy RM Williams boots online in Germany (or from Europe)? I cant seem to find a large choise to choose from in the online shops I know ok.

Thanks

Grayland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I seem to recall that a storm welt wasn't available on the Comfort Craftsman. I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong, though.

Beast Mode

Reaction score
I have tried to get some information on MTO boots from Steve at Nungar but haven't heard back from him in 2 weeks.

Ziss

Reaction score
I've just received my first pair of RMW a few days ago, and I'm already browsing bootsonline planning to order another pair.

My wallet hates you, Styleforum.

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anybody want to comment on the pros/cons of kangaroo vs yearling in comfort craftsman?

(used solely in social/business casual wear, and also for a northern winter if that matters)

also, should I size up half a width in comfort craftsman vs regular craftsman?

amce

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ziss
I've just received my first pair of RMW a few days ago, and I'm already browsing bootsonline planning to order another pair.

Know the feeling very, very well. They're addictive. Started my Saturday afternoon off by cleaning and polishing the three pair I used last week. Just like you, I ended up browsing Bootsonline, planning, planning............

Cheers

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads