Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Sator, Sep 18, 2006.

1. TheWraith

TheWraith Senior member

I am a weak, despicable being without character and resolve. All these recent posts about about CC's and Blaxlands. Expounding the Blaxland as being less chunky than the CC, being more true to the leather in and outsole Craftsman. Is it true? Are they right? Gnawing away at me, disturbing my sleep.
    Finally I succumbed. My children are unfed, the rent is unpaid but at this very moment a pair of Blaxlands are winging their way North from the Antipodes.

Cheers from a weak and depraved soul.

The Baxter Boot Company is particularly upset at you, amce [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Beast Mode

Beast Mode Active Member

Recieved my kangaroo CC yesterday. Are they supposed to be that wrinkley? I will post pictures later on today.

Here are the pictures. Some how I dont think they supposed to look like that around the elastic and the line across the toe box.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. TheWraith

TheWraith Senior member

They look fine to me. Just natural variations in leather, I'd say.

4. ferguscan

ferguscan Senior member

They look fine to me. Just natural variations in leather, I'd say.

+1

5. stanford88

stanford88 Senior member

+2
    I just bought the same exact pair. I have similar findings. I love them!!!!

6. Smudge

Smudge Senior member

I've just got some Craftsman in Chestnut and have similar (especially around the elastic). I thought it was a little odd and am a little cheered to hear that I'm not alone and must assume its natural variation. I'm otherwise very happy with my boots; just waiting for a dry day (in Sydney) to break them in.

7. katy2005

katy2005 Member

sooory,I don't see the Stockman's jodphur listed with a voucher price

8. Tck13

Tck13 Senior member

They can make F widths for you - it takes 3-4 weeks longer.

You can get virtually any combination you want if you go MTO. Download RMW's catalogue from their website and check out the boot section.

Cheers

I just ordered the black leather Craftsmans and the brown suede Craftsmans in 11F from bootsonline...

I couldn't order them from the website so I emailed them and they called me (from Australia) and we placed the order...

3-4 weeks. I just hope I can survive that long without them...

Thanks for the help!

9. SpeedBird

SpeedBird Well-Known Member

Amce is a true blue dinky di RMW man.......now that is very hard to top. Perhaps one day, Baxter will get a chance to supply his feet with something new. RMW is a religion.......!

Have you being to the Baxter Factory yet wraith ?

10. amce

amce Senior member

I know, I know but winter is approaching. I crave that composite sole. I refuse to put a top-sole on leather. Will save the B's until spring.

Cheers

11. ferguscan

ferguscan Senior member

Does anyone know if the RMW seconds/clearance stores ever have sales? Do they happen on any sort of a schedule? My flat-mate told me that he attended such a sale in North Queensland. Seconds were apparently being sold for AU$80/pr [​IMG]

12. TheWraith

TheWraith Senior member

Amce is a true blue dinky di RMW man.......now that is very hard to top. Perhaps one day, Baxter will get a chance to supply his feet with something new. RMW is a religion.......!

Have you being to the Baxter Factory yet wraith ?

So am I. I guess I'm an Aussie boot guy above and beyond everything else. You can't beat the quality of a top-notch Aussie RMW/Baxter chelsea boot. At present I have the HBC boots while my wife has a lovely pair of RMW. I'll be getting some mock crocs soon, though. Have been eyeing those for some time now.

I haven't visited the factory as yet, but have driven past it a few times and have visited the Baxter family shoe store in Goulburn.

13. freakydog

freakydog New Member

Hello everyone. Im quite new to these type of boots and I've been looking for a pair for a while now. Mostly, I have been looking at the Comfort Turnout, Comfort Craftsman and Gardener. I live in sweden so they need to be able to withstand hard winter conditions, considering our winters here ( a lot of salt and so on). Which one of these would you recommend?

Would also be very helpfull if you could give your opinion on where to buy these online. Also, does anyone know if there is a difference in sizes between the Comfort Turnout and the normal Turnout?

Thanks in advance, Freakydog!

Anyone? would appreciate some help on this.

14. wosk

wosk Active Member

I have both the gardener and the comfort craftsman. The gardener is more rugged, but the comfort craftsman is enough for the never-more-than-half-an-inch-snow we have here in southern Sweden. I like the looks more of my CCs hence I'm selling my gardeners, but if you really want it to last I think the gardeners will take more of a beating.

15. amce

amce Senior member

Hello everyone. Im quite new to these type of boots and I've been looking for a pair for a while now. Mostly, I have been looking at the Comfort Turnout, Comfort Craftsman and Gardener. I live in sweden so they need to be able to withstand hard winter conditions, considering our winters here ( a lot of salt and so on). Which one of these would you recommend?

As I've mentioned a few times above I live in southern Sweden (i Blekinge). I wear my Comforts all year round. As long as you look after them properly, as you must do with all leather footwear, they'll get you through a southern swedish winter. Of course if you have half a metre of newly fallen snow outside then I would choose something more substantial that day. I wear my hiking boots to work and carry my CC's in my bag on such days but that rarely happens down here.
    I think the Gardner is more of a work boot. The Craftsman is a dress boot and can be worn in the office with a suit. Which I do, all the time.

Cheers