• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone else tired of the slim fitting trend?

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Sorry to disappoint you guys but drop has nothing to do with being slim or skinny. In fact, I'd say that most really skinny guys have a very narrow chest and accordingly a very low drop. Another stupid myth. I have a 14" drop and 2.2% body fat btw.

2.2??? thats not even healthy. who measured that? stage ready bf% is like 4%. have you been on epistane or tren for too long?

hth2002

Reaction score
Waist sizes are so ridiculous that department stores have stopped selling 30" belts, but they offer 42-44" belts now. 20 years ago, you couldn't find belts 42-44" at most department stores.

I love the slim fitting trend. I can finally buy pants without my tailor saying the seat needs to get taken in. The regular shirts with 44" waist would have looked ridiculous on my 5'7" 140 lb frame, last year. It was even more ridiculous in my younger years, when I weighed 125 lb with a 27" waist and a 35-36" chest.

The shirt was all bunched up and wrinkled and the side seams would slide either too far back or too far forward.

Even at my current weight of 150 lbs, I still have problems getting a proper fit with regular fit clothes. My tailor is going to be very rich, if the slim fit trend ends.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am completely on board with slim/fitted. Slim clothing is not a trend if you are slim. Skinny nutcrusher jeans may be out, but that is a different issue.

No need to buy Lanvin if you like boxy. Save some money and buy a suit from any mall in the country.

trader

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Sorry to disappoint you guys but drop has nothing to do with being slim or skinny. In fact, I'd say that most really skinny guys have a very narrow chest and accordingly a very low drop. Another stupid myth. I have a 14" drop and 2.2% body fat btw.

this is what 3% looks like and it can only be held for a few hours because your subcutaneous water levels are near 0

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rosenberg
thats not sarcasm. thats what 3-4% really looks like
facepalm.gif
I was referring to gdl203's post not yours.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Based on the photos above, I have about 89% body fat.

Originally Posted by ramuman
It is styleforum not sarcasmforum.

oh it is most definitely sarcasmforum lol

trader

Reaction score
well ya... obviously...

i just like to have any chance to show that pic. so nasty. looks like he has two elbows and fingers under his armpits

aleeboy

Reaction score
Pants that taper down to 8 inches look very good. Is this considered slim?

Looks much better than unfitted clothing IMO.

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No healthy man should be under 8% body fat imo

I was at 5 or 6% when I wrestled and that was just ridiculously unhealthy to live like that.

I think I'm around 11% now and in the best shape of my life.

I do think it's funny that we are even discussing this given the vast amount of guys who wear clothes that are too large as was mentioned above

I can't even think of the last time I saw a guy in a major airport wearing a suit or jacket that didn't bulge a full inch or so off the shoulder

amplifiedheat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vitaminc
Go wear ******* baggy pants like the Duke of Windsor if that make you feel better.
You're not too bright, are you? When you think you know better than the Duke of Windsor, you know you're a slave to the fashions.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads