• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Paul Smith Shoe Thread... all PS shoe questions here

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
You, sir, are a baller, a shot caller. Do you have 20 inch blades on your Impala?

Its all bout 24's now son!!!
laugh.gif

GS, let us know when you get your oxblood Bihars, I want to get an idea of the turn around time for orders from the UK. My last order couldn't be of any indication because it was from a sale and their inventory was all out of wack so mine was delayed about 2 weeks or so.
I don't think any stores near me are carrying the Bihars yet, I'd have to go on a hunt this weekend just to try out a pair.

cool_hand

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I purchased the last remaining pair of IKE's today from Covent Garden in Size UK 10. the same as these: http://www.acquiremag.com/style/shoe...iking-boot.php but in Brown. this style has sold very quickly. they do come up a bit small, I'm a size 9.5 and the size 10 fit good. very nice boot, but I got it home and realised i already have more than eneough brown boots – so I am considering returning for a credit note / exchange end of next week. If anyone in the UK/London area are interested in purchasing (as these are obviously very hard to get hold of now) please send me a message / email through my profile. Looking for the full price: £325.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Really? Either their pics are really horrible or they do not know what grey means.
facepalm.gif

I tried a UK8 Bihard yesterday, it does fit huge. I think a UK7 would suffice. I'm hesitant on the grey Corso now though, what if it actually looked like that "grey" dip dye, i'd be paying customs and return fees. I'm going to have to search around and hope that someone is carrying either the grey Ricards or Corso so that I could make my decision.

JonB27

Reaction score
I want those Oxblood Bihars, but this sizing issue has me confused... Let me know how they turn out when you get them.

foxnwolf

Reaction score
they only have white leather on the PS UK site. i'm assuming the brown ones are sold out completely. i'd be interested in a size 11 UK. did not see them at all in US stores..

Originally Posted by cool_hand
I purchased the last remaining pair of IKE's today from Covent Garden in Size UK 10.

the same as these:

http://www.acquiremag.com/style/shoe...iking-boot.php

but in Brown.

this style has sold very quickly. they do come up a bit small, I'm a size 9.5 and the size 10 fit good.

very nice boot, but I got it home and realised i already have more than eneough brown boots - so I am considering returning for a credit note / exchange end of next week.

If anyone in the UK/London area are interested in purchasing (as these are obviously very hard to get hold of now) please send me a message / email through my profile.

Looking for the full price: £325.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Took a plunge on both the brown and oxblood Bihar.

Got the brown one from MilanClothing (thanks Zippy for the site) using a 10% off coupon (code: MILAN10), it came down to $343 shipped. I saw the Bihar at Nordstrom this weekend and it retailed for $570, that is a 40% off discount from the US retail, how can I pass up. Hopefully, they do ship via Royal Mail so there would be no customs charge.

Got the Oxblood from the UK PS site, came to $398 shipped but with the customs charge, it'll probably be around $450-$500 when it is all said and done. Still better than $570 plus the damn 10% CA tax so little discount is better than no discount. Passed up on the Grey Corso, I'm not sure about the color, I have to see it in person first. Plus I think I prefer the grey Ricards and then get the grey Nash instead of the Corso, I don't want two grey wingtips now do I?

And now, to the part I hate the most, the wait...

airportlobby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How many pairs of PS shoes do you now have, RFX? You and Getsmart and keeping PS in the black.

I just noticed that the PS England website has colored shoelaces, for the folks that were looking for them, earlier

Has PS ever made a longwing? I need an Alden alternative.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention those new shoe laces. They need a navy blue color though.
sxxa-sing-elace70-d-31925.jpg
sxxa-sing-elace70-m-31926.jpg
sxxa-sing-elace70-p-31927.jpg
sxxa-sing-elace70-r-31928.jpg
sxxa-sing-elace70-s-31929.jpg

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Crap, I ordered the Oxblood Bihars and the grey that looks like brown Assam wingtips over the weekend.

I played around with the pics of the Assams adjusting the color and convinced myself that they actually are grey and that the pics on the site are just bad. I have no real basis for that conclusion other than wishful thinking though.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You picked the Assam over the grey Millers? Is it because of the rubber sole on the new Millers?

I wanted to pull the trigger so bad on the grey Corso's but just couldn't without seeing it in person first. I actually wanted the tan Millers and brown Voltaire. I just want too much PS shoes.
shog[1].gif

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I still need to find a pair of those. Last time I went into PS on Melrose they didn't have them for sale (purple laces)

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I got the Assams over the Millers partly because of the rubber sole but mostly because I don't have a pair of Assams.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads