• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Paul Smith Shoe Thread... all PS shoe questions here

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
And damn, PS finally came out with a new boot that is a must have for me...
The dip-dye Bihar, some of you guys hate the rubber soles some but this has been what I am waiting for.
I've been looking for a cap-toe style boots too.
saxc-d084-cub-tm-31650.jpg

saxc-d084-cub-tm-detailb-31647.jpg
saxc-d084-cub-tm-detaila-31646.jpg

I went to the new Bellevue Neiman Marcus today and they had a few more PS shoes out.
They had the Pinkerton boots with the objectionable Red Ear stamp on the heel and the brown Bihars which I tried on.
Those things fit gigantic. I sized down a full size and they fit okay although still fairly roomy since I was wearing dress socks. These should fit RFX fine.
Also, they're not cap toes, but rather just have the stitching. They've really got the workwear look to them rather than the somewhat blobby yet sleek look of the Ricard.

I might need to get the oxblood ones from the PS site.

BTW, my wife says that the women's shoe department there blows away anything else in the area. Women's clothes-wise, not so much.

For men's shoes, there was more black Prada than I care to think about and not much else. They had Barker Black Crown and Wolf loafers; a few Varvatos models; lots of Tod's; some Testoni; and some freaky Ralph Lauren velvet sneakers which I thought were opera pumps at first glance.

I used the gift cards they sent us to buy a Gant oxford for a final price of $25.
A dude who worked at Mario's for 20 years is there now too.

The men's department was pretty much a ghost town except for lots of salesmen. The women's departments were swarming with the ladies who lunch crowd. It was actually kind of creepy how busy it was on a Tuesday afternoon.

Speaking of lunch, Artisanal bistro was 20% off as they work out the opening kinks. It was pretty good. Frittes were excellent. Olive oil ice cream was oddly good too.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zippyh
I used the gift cards they sent us to buy a Gant oxford for a final price of $25. A dude who worked at Mario's for 20 years is there now too.
Why didn't I get this coupon lol I want $25 Gant

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
And the oxblood color
inlove.gif
saxc-d083-wsh-o11-31645.jpg
saxc-d083-wsh-o11-detailb-31642.jpg
saxc-d083-wsh-o11-detaild-31644.jpg

those are awesome. Finally a reddish boot from PS, been waiting too long for this (but a boot in the red leather that the Rollins shoe used would be CRUCIAL!!). Non-leather Dainite sole is a huge plus. But size down ONE FULL from one's normal PS size???

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
Why didn't I get this coupon lol I want $25 Gant

They seemed to have randomly sent out $50 gift cards.
Not quite sure what criteria they used though. Both my wife and I got them. I suspect it's because we've each purchased from online.

Originally Posted by Get Smart
those are awesome. Finally a reddish boot from PS, been waiting too long for this (but a boot in the red leather that the Rollins shoe used would be CRUCIAL!!). Non-leather Dainite sole is a huge plus. But size down ONE FULL from one's normal PS size???

Yeah I wear US11 Ricards. The US10 Bihars were still rather roomy.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Yeah I wear US11 Ricards. The US10 Bihars were still rather roomy.

sheeit....this is def one pair of boots I'd wanna try on IRL rather than risk a wrong size and have to send it back to UK, and potentially get dinged with customs (still reeling over that last bill). Ffffffffffuuuuuuuuu...why cant those bastards just size them same as Ricard?!!

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
*******, pulled the trigger on the Bihar oxblood boot. Sized down 1 full from normal PS size, hoping this fits *crossed*

Price came to $404, damn good price if they fit. If not ima be out $40 returning it for a size change

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up on the sizing Zippy, I was about to pull the trigger on the UK7.5, but now I am not sure if I need a UK7 or UK6.5.

I am with you GS, the only thing holding me back is the sizing and the customs/return charge if it doesn't fit because I am 100% sure I want the boots and if it's the wrong size, I'd have to return and order the right size and then get hit double the customs.

If I pull the trigger on the Bihar though, I'll probably pull the trigger on the grey Corso as well to get it all out of the way. I want both brown and oxblood though.
shog[1].gif

spreadcollar

Reaction score
The Cutter brogues in rust (suede) are very similar to rust suede Starrs from 2 years ago, however, the Cutters have distressing to them, and it seems that the Cutter is not as narrow a shoe as the Starr (i.e., I don't like them as much as the Starr version). It would seem that, as usual, a lot of bad choices, but also gems, are lurking in the PS footwear selection for this season.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Milan Clothing has brown or black Bihars for $362 + shipping.
One good thing about them is they ship via Royal Mail/USPS so low likelyhood of customs fees.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Milan Clothing has brown or black Bihars for $362 + shipping. One good thing about them is they ship via Royal Mail/USPS so low likelyhood of customs fees.
They show it in UK sizing from that website right? I was hoping they had it oxblood though but I appreciate the heads up on that website, any alternative is better.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, Milan shows UK sizes even if you select US currency.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Great, I think I'll order the brown ones from them and the oxblood and grey Corso from the PSUK website. I just need to try on the Bihar before pulling the trigger. Thanks again for the help Zippy.

jayce030

Reaction score
Bihar's look great... would appreciate a fit pic once you guys get them! Looks like I might have to buy them through the PS site as well...

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Great, I think I'll order the brown ones from them and the oxblood and grey Corso from the PSUK website. I just need to try on the Bihar before pulling the trigger. Thanks again for the help Zippy.
You, sir, are a baller, a shot caller. Do you have 20 inch blades on your Impala?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads