Official Paul Smith Shoe Thread... all PS shoe questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RFX45, Feb 20, 2008.

1. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Ahhh, gotcha Zippy. I guess it'll be a race who gets their Bihars first. I think GS will get his first but I think he is out of the country for the moment.

Kelvin, the PS Store in Melrose tends to be slow when getting new stuff in. Last time I visited that store last month, they only had about 4-5 pairs of shoes, somewhat disappointing. But the suit selection in that place is definitely drool-worthy. I like all the literature they have on display and for sale as well.

2. Marcus Brody

Marcus Brody Senior member

I just noticed that the PS England website has colored shoelaces, for the folks that were looking for them, earlier

Thanks for that. Hopefully a US distributor will get them soon. I don't fancy paying 23 pounds delivery for 2.61 worth of shoelaces... ha[​IMG]

3. Lachy

Lachy Senior member

You, sir, are a baller, a shot caller. Do you have 20 inch blades on your Impala?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

4. breakz

breakz Senior member

Question for anyone with PS shoes.

I have a pair of Millers in brown that I picked up at Neiman Marcus some time last year. While taking my shoes off today after work, the heel part of the sole detached from the leather upper. I wear them 2-3 times a week to work, for reference.

Are these shoes constructed well, or do they just look nice? Is this a quick fix? I'm bummed to see my nice pair of shoes like this...

5. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

From experience, PS shoes are usually well made. Several of my PS shoes has taken a beating and still looks good, almost new after a few wipe downs. I would suggest bringing it to the cobbler and they might be able to help you in re-attaching the heel.

Also, my Bihars from Milan Clothing shipped earlier today, through Royal Mail so that means no customs charge. WOOT!!! I am hoping it arrives by the end of this week so I can break them in through the weekend, got my fingers crossed.

6. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

My Oxblood Bihars left Stansted a few hours ago.
    Scheduled for delivery before 10:30 tomorrow but I'm guessing about a 0% chance of that happening.
    I'm guessing I'm going to have to fill out that damn customs form again.

I wonder if the tarriffs are different since they have rubber soles.

7. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

That was pretty quick, you ordered them this past weekend right?

8. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Yeah, ordered them Saturday.

9. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Still waiting for my delivery confirmation from PS. Don't you just hate waiting. [​IMG]

10. __CB__

__CB__ Senior member

Question for anyone with PS shoes. I have a pair of Millers in brown that I picked up at Neiman Marcus some time last year. While taking my shoes off today after work, the heel part of the sole detached from the leather upper. I wear them 2-3 times a week to work, for reference. Are these shoes constructed well, or do they just look nice? Is this a quick fix? I'm bummed to see my nice pair of shoes like this...
    Had the same thing happen to one of my Cage pairs (which had less time/wear on em than yours) - you'll need to get new heels for both, just take them to the cobbler (its not a big / expensive job).

11. breakz

breakz Senior member

Thanks RFX...
    Had the same thing happen to one of my Cage pairs (which had less time/wear on em than yours) - you'll need to get new heels for both, just take them to the cobbler (its not a big / expensive job).
    Thanks...both need new heels? Even if only one shoe had the problem?

12. JonB27

JonB27 Senior member

So I have no patience and want to order my Bihars, how did you guys size them in comparison to Rollins? Should I get the same size or go down 1/2 size?

13. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

I've got a pair of UK10 and UK9.5 Rollins. The UK10 Rollins are perhaps slightly big on me.
    I ordered UK9 Bihars.

14. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Senior member

any idea where I could buy Paul Smith Ricard boots (brown)?

15. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Senior member

The dip-dye Bihar, some of you guys hate the rubber soles some but this has been what I am waiting for.
    I've been looking for a cap-toe style boots too.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

love these