• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sunglasses MEGATHREAD - all sunglass questions here please

blynch

Reaction score
Anyone wear cable temples?
I'm trying to decide if I have the right size. I think they are a bit short, because they start curving a little bit before going around my ear, but they are very flexible so this doesn't seem to be that much of an issue. They end right around the bottom of my ear lobe, so if I got them longer they would probably stick out past my ear slightly.
-Randloph Intruders, I have the 150mm temples and am trying to decide if I need the 160mm temples.

ArliHawk`

Reaction score
Originally Posted by splattered
Ahh i do like the 3362.. those are medium/smaller aviators?

The Caravans appear to be pretty angular... would that look ok on me considering i have a pretty angular face?

I have the 3362 in 01/58 (Gold/Gray Green Polarized) which I believe is unique to Sunglass Hut. If there's one near you, you should try them on. I liked them as aviators, because they are a medium size (59-14-135) and weren't the exaggerated tear drop shape. And they looked a lot like Oliver Peoples Aeros at a fraction of the price.

Akashic

Reaction score
I'm about to buy my first pair of decent sunglasses and was wondering if anyone could recommend some good online retailers to buy from that ship to Canada. Ideally I'd try some out at a local store and then buy them online.

splattered

Reaction score
Just found this from checking out youtube... corny but kinda cool.

Sorry if it's been posted before
smile.gif

http://www.ray-ban.com/usa/neverhide.../virtualmirror

splattered

Reaction score
Just for color reference (cheaper on ebay), i'm considering either the gunmetal/green-grey lenses, or the silver/grey fade lenses...

I typically associate fade lense glasses w girls glasses haha but these are kinda cool...

Opinions? If you wanna, scroll back a page to see face pics if it'll help what would work better on me.

http://www.zappos.com/ray-ban-3362

splattered

Reaction score
Tryin out the Ray-Ban 3362... dont think they work on me. After buzzing my hair shorter i realize that i have a friggin EGGHEAD if viewed even slightly from below hahah oh well.

These seem too long horizontally or something? I dunno they don't look right to me...

Opinions? (Outside of me having an egghead, thats obvious
wink.gif
)

RayBan3362_04.jpg

RayBan3362_02.jpg

RayBan3362_03.jpg

Jokerman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Splattered I dunno what your budget is but you might want to look into mykita. They have some shades that would fit you.

splattered

Reaction score
Well ya know... the more i wear these around the more i like them, i've gotten a thumbs up from everyone i asked so far... i just wish the bridge of the nose wasn't so wide, that's what's throwing me off a bit. If i wear them a little futher down my nose instead of right on my face though they look much better... gonna wear em around for a week or so before i decide on whether to keep em or not.

And... Mykita. I googled and they're pricey! haha not lookin to spend more than a couple hundred on glasses... thanks though :p

***Ahh no i dunno lookin in the mirror they still seem too far spaced apart.

I'm considering the Caravan...

http://www.zappos.com/ray-ban-rb3136...-green-g-15xlt

Or the regular but medium sized aviators?

http://www.zappos.com/ray-ban-3025-a...lens?zlfid=111

And does anyone have experience with Smith Optics?

http://www.zappos.com/smith-optics-s...-carbonic-lens

http://www.zappos.com/product/7591850/color/172419

splattered

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sdspeed828
those seem a little too wide for your face imo

The pics i posted or the additional links i posted? Ha i'm on the hunt for aviators.. gotta be out there somewhere dammit :p

I agree that the 3362 are too wide. I think part of the problem is that i have a skinnier nose and the bridge is 16mm .. too wide for me.

sdspeed828

Reaction score
Originally Posted by splattered
The pics i posted or the additional links i posted? Ha i'm on the hunt for aviators.. gotta be out there somewhere dammit :p

I agree that the 3362 are too wide. I think part of the problem is that i have a skinnier nose and the bridge is 16mm .. too wide for me.

i meant the ones in the pic. i dont think you can really go wrong with a classic like the 3025

ArliHawk`

Reaction score
It looks like you have somewhat of a narrow face. Check the Aviatrix by Mosley Tribes or the Lester by Salt Optics or the Oliver Peoples Aero. Those are all smallish type aviators that might work.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Funny thing happened this weekend. I've been aware of this sunglass place that sells SALT and other decent sunglasses about 4 hours away from me. I was visiting a friend this weekend and noticed the place was directly across the street. I almost bought some John Varvatos sunglasses and a handmade forgot the name plastic frame, I decided to stick with the Moscots though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads