Sunglasses MEGATHREAD - all sunglass questions here please

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by josepidal, Apr 14, 2006.

1. blynch

blynch Senior member

Anyone wear cable temples?
    I'm trying to decide if I have the right size. I think they are a bit short, because they start curving a little bit before going around my ear, but they are very flexible so this doesn't seem to be that much of an issue. They end right around the bottom of my ear lobe, so if I got them longer they would probably stick out past my ear slightly.
    -Randloph Intruders, I have the 150mm temples and am trying to decide if I need the 160mm temples.

2. ArliHawk`

ArliHawk` Senior member

Ahh i do like the 3362.. those are medium/smaller aviators?

The Caravans appear to be pretty angular... would that look ok on me considering i have a pretty angular face?

I have the 3362 in 01/58 (Gold/Gray Green Polarized) which I believe is unique to Sunglass Hut. If there's one near you, you should try them on. I liked them as aviators, because they are a medium size (59-14-135) and weren't the exaggerated tear drop shape. And they looked a lot like Oliver Peoples Aeros at a fraction of the price.

3. Akashic

Akashic Active Member

I'm about to buy my first pair of decent sunglasses and was wondering if anyone could recommend some good online retailers to buy from that ship to Canada. Ideally I'd try some out at a local store and then buy them online.

4. splattered

splattered Senior member

5. splattered

splattered Senior member

Just for color reference (cheaper on ebay), i'm considering either the gunmetal/green-grey lenses, or the silver/grey fade lenses...

I typically associate fade lense glasses w girls glasses haha but these are kinda cool...

Opinions? If you wanna, scroll back a page to see face pics if it'll help what would work better on me.

http://www.zappos.com/ray-ban-3362

6. splattered

splattered Senior member

Tryin out the Ray-Ban 3362... dont think they work on me. After buzzing my hair shorter i realize that i have a friggin EGGHEAD if viewed even slightly from below hahah oh well.

These seem too long horizontally or something? I dunno they don't look right to me...

Opinions? (Outside of me having an egghead, thats obvious [​IMG] )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Jokerman

Jokerman Senior member

Splattered I dunno what your budget is but you might want to look into mykita. They have some shades that would fit you.

8. splattered

splattered Senior member

Well ya know... the more i wear these around the more i like them, i've gotten a thumbs up from everyone i asked so far... i just wish the bridge of the nose wasn't so wide, that's what's throwing me off a bit. If i wear them a little futher down my nose instead of right on my face though they look much better... gonna wear em around for a week or so before i decide on whether to keep em or not.

And... Mykita. I googled and they're pricey! haha not lookin to spend more than a couple hundred on glasses... thanks though :p

***Ahh no i dunno lookin in the mirror they still seem too far spaced apart.

I'm considering the Caravan...

http://www.zappos.com/ray-ban-rb3136...-green-g-15xlt

Or the regular but medium sized aviators?

http://www.zappos.com/ray-ban-3025-a...lens?zlfid=111

And does anyone have experience with Smith Optics?

http://www.zappos.com/smith-optics-s...-carbonic-lens

http://www.zappos.com/product/7591850/color/172419

9. sdspeed828

sdspeed828 Member

those seem a little too wide for your face imo

10. splattered

splattered Senior member

those seem a little too wide for your face imo

The pics i posted or the additional links i posted? Ha i'm on the hunt for aviators.. gotta be out there somewhere dammit :p

I agree that the 3362 are too wide. I think part of the problem is that i have a skinnier nose and the bridge is 16mm .. too wide for me.

11. sdspeed828

sdspeed828 Member

The pics i posted or the additional links i posted? Ha i'm on the hunt for aviators.. gotta be out there somewhere dammit :p

I agree that the 3362 are too wide. I think part of the problem is that i have a skinnier nose and the bridge is 16mm .. too wide for me.

i meant the ones in the pic. i dont think you can really go wrong with a classic like the 3025

12. ArliHawk`

ArliHawk` Senior member

It looks like you have somewhat of a narrow face. Check the Aviatrix by Mosley Tribes or the Lester by Salt Optics or the Oliver Peoples Aero. Those are all smallish type aviators that might work.

13. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Funny thing happened this weekend. I've been aware of this sunglass place that sells SALT and other decent sunglasses about 4 hours away from me. I was visiting a friend this weekend and noticed the place was directly across the street. I almost bought some John Varvatos sunglasses and a handmade forgot the name plastic frame, I decided to stick with the Moscots though.

14. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Senior member

tom fords new glasses add campaign [​IMG]

15. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

also tried on the new tom fords and liked those a lot.