• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Extinct (?) Aviator Sunglasses Form Similar to Gucci GG0200S

ArchedFreak

Reaction score
Hi all... I have recently searched the internet far, wide and deep -- have tried to turn every virtual stone -- but have not managed to find *anyone* or any place offering the sunglasses seen in the following photo from the mid 1970's (also represented in the semi-sketch above it, which I've made to the best of my ability), which are very similar to (while smaller in height than) Gucci's new full rim, squared GG0200S aviator model.
Those Gucci's are very cool, but I like the one I am showing here even more; the main differences are: 1) the parts of the frame bordering the lenses right above the nose form 90 degree corners with the part of the frame above them, instead of rounding off, and 2) the entire frame is dark (brown or black) rather than the gold colored top in said Gucci's model.
I recommend opening the enclosed image with some app like Painter, IrfanView, PictureViewer, etc. to an appropriate size for optimal viewing, if necessary, especially since the photo is fairly low quality.

I am not even sure if these glasses were purchased in the US. But if they were, it was most likely in NYC.

If somebody out there knows an individual or store who sells them somewhere ... please point me to them. Note that I am NOT prepared to settle for anything similar to what I am after (some of Cazal's models come to mind), so kindly refrain from raising any such suggestions.
Have a great day and thanks a million for your trouble :D

NextSunglassesToBuy2.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads