• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToruOkada

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
Pretty good shore. Can't tell if that's a baker or a bedford but it's a nice fit on you.
Originally Posted by themidship22
These Jeans really do have better fades... And my Plans for the day...
Good look
Originally Posted by robbie
the light was crap, i'll try to take more in Lincoln later on
Nice robbie, polo fits well. I'd go with a shave though
smile.gif
Originally Posted by illumin8em
first waywt first day on set first day in regular/standard/not skinny fit jean in years
Bill on SuFu is awesome. If you get comparisons to him, you're doing something right.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
i am trying to grow the beard out,for a project a friend is working on.

also, the best tees and polos are usually misplaced in the womens or childrens section

themidship22

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
Is that a Taylor? And you're just letting lie in the grass! Argh.

Haha yeah good eye for the Taylor Pick-Guard. Oh guitars are tough. Every ding, scratch, and imperfection just makes the music more yours.

Originally Posted by robbie
midship, you should go outside when you take pictures

I agree. All my neighbors were outside though...

Oh and I'm from Southern OK Robbie. Durant, heard of it?

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by themidship22
Haha yeah good eye for the Taylor Pick-Guard. Oh guitars are tough. Every ding, scratch, and imperfection just makes the music more yours.

Oh, no, no, no, no. I suppose you never put yours away in the case, either, right? God, I don't even have to ask.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
yeah, i've heard Gary England yell warnings your direction every april or may til i was 15

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, no, no, no, no. I suppose you never put yours away in the case, either, right? God, I don't even have to ask.

Robert, would you ever buy a vintage guitar? I kind of understand about babying your shiny new guitar, but I just bought a 1969 Martin in played condition and it is sort of liberating to not be so worried about it, cause it is already checked and whatever. But sounds incredible.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by origenesprit
Robert, would you ever buy a vintage guitar? I kind of understand about babying your shiny new guitar, but I just bought a 1969 Martin in played condition and it is sort of liberating to not be so worried about it, cause it is already checked and whatever. But sounds incredible.

I understand where you are coming from but . . . my guitars are in their case or in my hands, especially the vintage stuff.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by origenesprit

Yeah, but I'm not sure 1969 is what I'd call vintage for a Martin. Sorry, I'm a snob about acoustics. I do have a 1994 Taylor 710 (I'm the sole owner, i.e., I bought it in 1994) that looks and sounds better with every passing year. BUT I keep it in its case when I'm not playing it, keep it humidified in the winter, and polish it when necessary. How a guitar looks isn't as important as how it sounds, obviously. But a good-sounding guitar that also looks good is a real treasure.

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but I'm not sure 1969 is what I'd call vintage for a Martin. Sorry, I'm a snob about acoustics. I do have a 1994 Taylor 710 (I'm the sole owner, i.e., I bought it in 1994) that looks and sounds better with every passing year. BUT I keep it in its case when I'm not playing it, keep it humidified in the winter, and polish it when necessary. How a guitar looks isn't as important as how it sounds, obviously. But a good-sounding guitar that also looks good is a real treasure.

My point wasn't really about my own guitar (was not trying to brag about having a "vintage" Martin- I'm the opposite of a snob when it comes to guitars). My point was that having a guitar that has had accidents already happen is a bit calming. I hate the first time I bump a new guitar on the floor accidentally, or scratch it with a pick, or whatever. It is nice if all that stuff has already been done, so you don't have to worry about it.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Very true. The dings are inevitable if you play at all. I had a crying jag the first time I bumped my Taylor into one of the knobs on the case and got a small ding. Now that kind of thing hardly bothers me at all, though I do try to keep the damage to a minimum.
smile.gif

But yeah, for the right price and the right year and everything, I'd go for a vintage guitar, dings or no dings everything else being equal (good action, structurally sound, etc).

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My concern is less with dings and more with having the guitar fall off the stand and watching the neck snap. My cat did that to a beater I had. I am not going to let it happen to the L5. It stays in the case.

nomad

Reaction score
Originally Posted by g transistor
One of your shoes is pizza with bacon. It looks delicious.

haha couldn't for the life of me find a pic of the mucky shoes so that was a pizza I made with my young cousin

shoreman: the jacket in the first picture is a beaufort, that was bought new a couple of years ago but the one in the second pic was my dad's first barbour buy in 84, I think, which is now mine. If it was better weather I would be rewaxing that one today, will post some pics when I get around to that

also whats the jacket your wearing, looks good!

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RCG Tiburon
this reminds me of one of nemuu's posts (the one with the faded lee-pros and the corona in the grass). pure style. bookmarked
- thanks

Back to Topic

Temp - 10c- 20c, nothing like winter sunshine in Sydney
Days Agenda - Friday 14th Aug 2009, 2 meetings, catch up w Ethandesu & talk cloth, dinner at one of my preferred locals this evening

Last night
- the usual hunting time for watches - bumped into EthanDesu
Ethan
- I feel like crap..
Phatty
- I like this watch, though solid gold? Not sure if I can incorporate into my colors..
Ethan
- Very MadGuido!
Phatty
- I think it will look better in a bi-color strap?
Ethan
- Though.. The vintage Lolex YawnJust is also very Guido
Phatty
- that Omega Speedmaster Auto is a GIRLS watch.. Get the PROFESSIONAL!

P8132092.jpg
P8132096.jpg

P8132099.jpg
P8132104.jpg

Same, Same.. I so should have packed MORE
P8142113.jpg
P8142114.jpg

P8142119.jpg
P8142117.jpg

Same, Same.. I like, I like.. Where did teh sudden cold front come from?
P8142131.jpg
P8142129.jpg

P8142120.jpg
P8142127.jpg

& this is what I wake up to every morning.. 36 SF emails since I last checked!
P8142125.jpg

The best light is when stuck in morning traffic
P8142137.jpg
P8142141.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads