• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I lived in Richmond and Roanoke/Raleigh area, I'd be grumpy if I lived there, too.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd lose more than the socks.
mwink[1].gif

I know you love those heels but they look a bit out of place with the burlap sack style dress, I'd say the same about the jacket but it kind of works.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by danracer
Picture050-1.jpg

Zara/AX/bostonian

i know u guys hate square toed shoes but w/e i dont have any other shoes, im probably gonna buy DB soon
smile.gif

I mean this as constructive criticism but I think the look you're going for is more like this:

Originally Posted by chrisjr

IMG_0949.jpg

IMG_0948.jpg

IMG_0950.jpg

IMG_0951.jpg

I'm just illustrating what a difference that nice, well fitted clothes can make, that along with details like polished, sharp shoes, socks, etc.

Doctor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
I'm just illustrating what a difference that nice, well fitted clothes can make, that along with details like polished, sharp shoes, socks, etc.
This post = perfect advice. The difference in those pictures is huge.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ludeykrus
I lived in Richmond and Roanoke/Raleigh area, I'd be grumpy if I lived there, too.

i'm from roanoke and i want to kill myself every time i even think of having to go back there to visit. went to VCU so i'm feeling the richmond pain - just glad i made it out without getting stabbed.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
I mean this as constructive criticism but I think the look you're going for is more like this:

Yeah but it's better to be dressed like **** than to be an unrepentant racist dick.

that girl

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ludeykrus
Originally Posted by grundletaint
i'm from roanoke and i want to kill myself every time i even think of having to go back there to visit. went to VCU so i'm feeling the richmond pain - just glad i made it out without getting stabbed.

I was from Northern VA but I moved to NYC last week, so I'm not usually grumpy anymore. Mostly I didn't crop the picture/last time I smiled in a picture, I was told it was so not allowed haha

Originally Posted by BubblyMasquerade
not digging the socks. unless its part of the shoes....

So not part of the shoes, you're right it's definitely not a flattering look. hrmm

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grundletaint
Roanoke and Richmond are somewhat pretty areas though, right?

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by that girl
so i look grumpy...but...

dress is sunshine & shadow
coat is rag & bone
shoes, ysl tribute 2 (which, you can't see much of, but they're my favorite)

without a coat ...
photo-2-3.jpg

and then ...
photo-3-1.jpg

thoughts? suggestions? help?

I like it. Very cute. Wish my lady would dress as well.

Originally Posted by yfyf
This was pinched right off the LabelKing so credit him

yfyf-2009-06-16-re.jpg

nod[1].gif

Miniw, I like that shirt a lot, what is it? Switch up the pocketsquare next time, looked good though.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by that girl
so i look grumpy...but...
without a coat ...
photo-2-3.jpg

and then ...
photo-3-1.jpg

thoughts? suggestions? help?

As much as I like the socks if you went sockless your legs would look longer which is always a good thing.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Okay I take it back, it's better to be a unrepentant racist dick. If WW2 had been a fashion walk-off, we'd all be speaking German.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yfyf
This was pinched right off the LabelKing so credit him

yfyf-2009-06-16-re.jpg

beautiful tie!

That girl, I don't think you'd need to lose socks completely... maybe just those socks. I think if you wore something with a different color it might have the same effect on how long your legs looked etc. Still, very solid look a smile would do it a world of good, but this is Styleforum.

robbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads