• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

World Economic Forum Global Leadership Fellows Master's Programme - accreditation?

T&A

Reaction score
As far as I am aware it has no accreditation at all. It is a totally private initiative with the masters awarded by the WEF itself.

Is it of any use to you? That depends entirely on what your future employer will think of something awarded by the WEF on its own merits. There are examples on the site of grads whose employers clearly take the view that the backing of the WEF and the merits of the program meet their needs. Is the WEF's backing enough for you? Only you can decide.

It is similar to the former situation of INSEAD which had no accreditation until a few years back, but still scored stellar acceptance and esteem for its MBA.

However, if you are looking for a program that holds formal accreditation, I would look elsewhere, and be prepared to fork out considerable $$$$ whatever the case.

hws

Reaction score
Thank you for your insight. I did not know that INSEAD until recently lacked accreditation.
I assume that the WEF is respected within certain business/political/ngo/thinktank circles. How is it generally perceived by the public at large who actually know of it?

T&A

Reaction score
For what I would say is a pretty measured "public at large" perception, the Wikipedia article is worth a read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Economic_Forum

Note particularly under Criticism:

"The Annual Meeting [in Davos] has also been decried as a “mix of pomp and platitude” and criticized for moving away from serious economics and accomplishing little of substance, particularly with the increasing involvement of NGOs that have little or no expertise in economics. Instead of a discussion on the world economy with knowledgeable experts alongside key business and political players, Davos now features the top media political causes of the day (such as global climate change and AIDS in Africa)."

Oh, and Bono doesn't like it.

But the impression I get is that it's a little too starstruck to keep the core mission in mind as much as I'd like. It's politics and media-driven, not economics-driven. That could give a grad high-profile recognition in some circles, but not necessarily economic ones.

hws

Reaction score
The WEF seems to be a collection of self-important people, like Bilderbergers. I do remember what Bono said a few years ago. It is somewhat ironic that intellectually pretentious organizations use people like Bono and Angelina Jolie to promote their agendas.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads