• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which watch?

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TBSDSpaniard
check out its caseback!

Reverso-Squadra-Chronograph2.jpg

honest i was never a fan of JLC...went in to my local AD to help a friend buy either a Glashutte Sport Evo or an IWC DaVinci Special Edition....he bought a UN Maxi Marine...and I left longing for the JLC!

That reverso is amazing. Its been around forever, and will always be a classic.

I'd go for that one, hands down.

aleeboy

Reaction score
Out of the watches you mentioned, this one is a no brainer, the GMT IIc. Looks, functionality and durability. Oh yeah, did I mention it looks a hell of a lot better than the PAMs you mentioned?

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TBSDSpaniard
not to fond of pams

but i have three suggestions for your consideration
Transatlantique type XXI
Breguet-3810ST-92-9ZU.jpg

So sexy!
drool.gif

SirWilliam

Reaction score
Well the Rolex would be the best choice out of the watches you listed. My favorite sports watch though would have to be my Breguet Marine...which looks great with everything.

Busa Dave

Reaction score
My wife works for Richemont and my next one is going to be a Vacheron--Overseas Model..

Everyone has a Rolex but hey I wore my blue face S&G Sub today---looks good with the Cigar Shell!!!

earthdragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the Breguet Type XX1 - with about 6 hours of wrist time, (it's about 8 months old).
I was going to put it up on TZ soon, (just haven't got around to it).
PM me if you are interested.

aleeboy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SirWilliam
Well the Rolex would be the best choice out of the watches you listed. My favorite sports watch though would have to be my Breguet Marine...which looks great with everything.

I've seen that watch. It sure is a sight to behold. Very classy and versatile. Very Breguet.

TBSDSpaniard

Reaction score
i used to have pam 287...let it go pretty fast although I still love it and may re-visit it again, on my limited luxury budget its not a keeper right now. blofeld go to a local AD you'll find many other pieces, better made and much more versatile for the same price range, IMHO.

Lagavulin16

Reaction score
You already have two sport watches so I would strongly consider the JLC Reverso. Also, maybe you want to think about another complication and if so, look at the JLC Amvox in SS. Great watch and a really good sounding alarm or something like the IWC Portuguese line, teh automatic has a seven day power reserve.

Aperipan

Reaction score
Frankly, Pams and Rolexes are too watered down and have become status symbols to the uninitiated. If you already have sport watches, I think you will find a lot of joy owning a classic dress watch, of which there are many.
cn_s_65_3055.jpg

Timeless Fashion

Reaction score
GMT II with the ceramic dial in SS is a beautiful watch. It really comes down to what kind of look you want. Rolex makes a great watch, but they definitely have spent a lot of time and money on marketing which few of the other Swiss watch manufacturers have.

NH_Clark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aperipan
Frankly, Pams and Rolexes are too watered down and have become status symbols to the uninitiated. If you already have sport watches, I think you will find a lot of joy owning a classic dress watch, of which there are many.
cn_s_65_3055.jpg

+1

Rolex is nothing more than a great marketing name.

Beautiful Zenith!!!!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aperipan
You're 14 years old !!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads