• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

that girl

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
I have more tolerance for styles that I'm not partial towards when it IS all they wear. Dressing preppy one day, gothninja the next, fashion-runway boy the day after....that's when it all seems more contrived and costumey.

See I don't know ... I feel like I wear things day after day that aren't necessarily the same genre of style. But I guess I don't take each style so far that it looks costume-y (or at least I don't think so).

warlok1965

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I'm guilty of this as well but the fact is if I were to choose one particular "style", I would feel deprived of the other modes of dress I enjoy. Even though my tastes span a lot of different clothing genres I hope there is some coherence in my overall aesthetic. But maybe there isn't.
smile.gif

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really liked Vashin's fit. I would've gone without the vest and made chosen a different bowtie, but all in all, I thought it was great. PP is awesome as always.
E82G0581.jpg
American Eagle (pre douchebag era) H&M J. Press APC Sperry x BoO North Face Tibor Kalman

Souper

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thats a good picture. Fit looks good! Pre-douchebag American eagle huh? I am not aware that existed. I have some older stuff from them that I don't mind wearing, just some basic crew sweatshirts and whatnot, but Im not sure it was any better back then. Unless you weren't talking about quality.

Re: the interesting discussion above. I wear a lot of different styles - I have trad, workwear, I have some skinny trendy cut formal stuff that I am not sure flatters me very well, I have some slouchy black streetwear stuff, etc., And whenever I get some money I'd like to get some goth ninja pieces. I really enjoy mixing and matching everything; brand synergy be damned- see my recent fits. Since I havent committed myself to one aesthetic yet(although its developing...) It's a lot of fun experimenting-Don't see how that could be negative

Mazda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have more tolerance for styles that I'm not partial towards when it IS all they wear. Dressing preppy one day, gothninja the next, fashion-runway boy the day after....that's when it all seems more contrived and costumey.

Socal is gonna hate you talking **** about him.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Marmot
What kind of material is the jacket? It looks like denim, and is that a denim hood...? I hope I'm not assuming too much, but that would be a really interesting (rad) jacket if so, not that it isn't if it were something else.

today.jpg

It's denim, here are all the specs and some more photos: http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...roducts_id=419

reprehensible

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
+1. What people here call "workwear", or at least certain elements of it, are still worn on a daily basis by normal people in many parts of the country. Selling to actual workers, not fashionistas, is the bread and butter of brands like Red Wing and Woolrich.

Sure, but their bread and butter is selling entirely different lines to those people. So who cares?

Mazda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_0533-2-1.jpg
Looks just like an obscure 1980s child actor who I cannot seem to place... Wanted to say it was the kid from The Quest but that was Henry Thomas

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great fit, wmmk. Looks terrific and very natural. Your style has evolved to another level from what I had seen last.

breakfasteatre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I went back a couple pages looking for whatever socal stuff you were talking about. but there wasnt any

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads