• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
its really nice. i want to find new straps for it though. anyone have good sources?

NOLA1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mockingboy
IMG_0046.jpg

Not a great picture but a great watch.

that's my grail watch right there. beautiful.

Celotil

Reaction score
Not good photos, but good watches.

The three dials on the face of the chunkier all-stainless watch actually do stuff, even if the outer ring with the 60-10-20-30-40-50 digits doesn't - calendar, stop watch, alarm, 24hr dial, plus the usual time.

The simpler stainless steel and gold watch is called the Stiletto - don't ask me why - and all it does is tell the time. No second hand, just minute and hour - perfectly minimal for me. The blackish areas on the face and band are gold-coloured (could be gold leaf considering how much I paid for such a minimal watch) but unfortunately didn't show up in the picture.

Both are Eco-Drive watches from Citizen. Not as stylish as an automatic, but they don't need new batteries because their faces are solar panels, recharging the watch from any light source that shines on them.

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know Rolex gets no love here, but here's wife's new piece for her bday. She wanted a men's size for casual wear, I think it's pretty hot on her. She snapped the pic on the way home today from getting it sized.

Awatch.jpg

anon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TC (Houston)
I know Rolex gets no love here, but here's wife's new piece for her bday. She wanted a men's size for casual wear, I think it's pretty hot on her. She snapped the pic on the way home today from getting it sized.

Awatch.jpg

A Benz, a huge diamond, and a Rolex.. you must live in the Woodlands
smile.gif

Invicta

Reaction score

Awatch.jpg

I'm sorry I couldn't see the watch because of all the light reflecting off the boulder masquerading as a diamond ring.

I'm sure it's nice though...

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Invicta
I'm sorry I couldn't see the watch because of all the light reflecting off the boulder masquerading as a diamond ring.

I'm sure it's nice though...

Oh c'mon it's not that bad. LOL One of the main reasons I picked this watch was that I felt it went nicely with the rest of her everyday jewelry.

sfo423

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Invicta

dude, he's from texas.........'nuff said.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
- nothing wrong with Rolex, like it or not they are like MB in that they have strong brand/resale & all others are judged by them
- nice

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
- nothing wrong with Rolex, like it or not they are like MB in that they have strong brand/resale & all others are judged by them
- nice

Thanks, PG. It's her first real watch, and I figure it's a good "starter" watch.

adagio

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
- nice

+1 It looks really well TC. Nice choice. My wife has a steel and gold Yachtmaster. I didn't attribute much significance to its having to match her other jewellery at the time we bought it (I don't have that particular worry myself) but now I can see how it has a bearing. The wedding band and engagement ring are unlikely to change so other items should match them I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads