The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrocsRock

CrocsRock Senior member

Raven

At the $600 bracket I think you may be mostly limited to "fashion watches" (Hilfiger, Gant, Armani, Hugo Boss, Gucci, Versace, etc). However, you should be able to pick up a nice Raymond Weil or a Montblanc within your price range. If you want a brand with a little more recognition, try Tag Heuer, Bulgari, or Seiko, Brietling (might stretch the budget a bit).

You could try for a second hand Cartier or Rolex in steel but I think you will struggle to find one in your price bracket.

Have a look here http://www.chrono24.com/en/search/index.htm It has a great search function.

Also try http://forums.timezone.com/index.php...eadt&frm_id=32.

Happy hunting.

For shame, sir. A heinous omission... I believe Stowa can be had in the $600 neighbourhood.

2. gusvs

gusvs Senior member

Also posted in Recent Purchases thread...

[​IMG]

My new Sea-Dweller ref.16600

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Miguel Alvarez

Miguel Alvarez Senior member

nice purchase gus. I must admit i'm not a big Rolex fan, but when i walked passed my AD saturday the 16622 and 16570 tempted me. Walked out with a Reverso GD though.
    Failed the " no purchase club, march" thing.

4. tricota

tricota Senior member

Last: My grail:

[​IMG]

Very cool....

5. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

[​IMG]

looks good on you

6. adagio

adagio Senior member

For shame, sir. A heinous omission... I believe Stowa can be had in the $600 neighbourhood.

My bad! and of course Sinn which the OP just,might, if she's very lucky, get for £600.

7. blackrover

blackrover Senior member

My new RXW Plasmir Milgraph Chrono. I've got to say I love this watch it is truely beautiful and the Connolly leather straps can only be described as Luxe. It has quickly become my favorite.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

My new RXW Plasmir Milgraph Chrono. I've got to say I love this watch it is truely beautiful and the Connolly leather straps can only be described as Luxe. It has quickly become my favorite.

What an original design [​IMG]

9. Ahriman4891

Ahriman4891 Senior member

10. Steven Aver

Steven Aver Senior member

11. btinl

btinl Senior member

Didn't Richemont sue RXW and win?

12. blackrover

blackrover Senior member

Didn't Richemont sue RXW and win?
    Someone did and won but not for this design. Ahriman4891 Thanks for the link very, interesting thread. I've read this before and its good education for some watch snobs that are quick to judge. This watch has nothing to do with Panerai design but another take on the ROLEX MM. You've really have to see this watch in person to really understand it. My poor pics do no justice and even the better ones I've found on the internet still fail. The 3H light tubes are really a nice feature, Lume is a major feature on any sport watch today, and we all like to see pics of it freshly charge and glowing brightly. On this though it gets really special once the AWESOMELY bright luminova dies down and the gas tubes come into there own. The tubes aren't as bright Ball but the play between the Plasmir dial and the 3H tubes is beautiful and I think this would be hard to capture with a camera. The mechanical movement is very detailed and had to have been put together by skilled hands. There are metal bars barely thicker than a hair and the whole thing looks very 3D in its lay out. The Column wheel chronograph is something you usually don't see until you get to the very high end of watches, but here it's very reasonable. As I mention before the 2 Connolly straps (1 black 1 brown) are nothing but Luxe. If you ever had the chance to sit in the back of a Bentley or Rolls you will recognize the texture and smell. The SS bracelet is solid and heavy with solid end links and the fit is great. If your looking for a very nice watch at a more than reasonable price its a good way to go. At 40mm its not huge but it wears about the same size as my 44mm ORIS. This isn't a review just some comments on a great watch.

13. gusvs

gusvs Senior member

nice purchase gus. I must admit i'm not a big Rolex fan, but when i walked passed my AD saturday the 16622 and 16570 tempted me. Walked out with a Reverso GD though.
    Failed the " no purchase club, march" thing.

Up until 3 months ago I always said I would NEVER by a Rolex - then someone on here recommended the SD, I looked closely at it, and here I am...... I am extremely happy with it, it's clean, classic and no-nonsense!

14. Raven

Raven Active Member

Well I'll try looking at the Stowa too, thanks Adagio and CrocsRocks.

I've also seen Longines watches within my price range...

15. slider07

slider07 Well-Known Member

Here are mine - Rolex Sea-Dweller, Panerai Luminor Sub (024), Kobold Titanium Seal, Omega Seamaster Pro
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.