• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miguel Alvarez

Reaction score
nice purchase gus. I must admit i'm not a big Rolex fan, but when i walked passed my AD saturday the 16622 and 16570 tempted me. Walked out with a Reverso GD though.
Failed the " no purchase club, march" thing.

tricota

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aperipan

Last: My grail:

8T-5N.jpg

Very cool....

blackrover

Reaction score
My new RXW Plasmir Milgraph Chrono. I've got to say I love this watch it is truely beautiful and the Connolly leather straps can only be described as Luxe. It has quickly become my favorite.

IM001728.jpg

IM001729.jpg

IM001726.jpg

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blackrover
My new RXW Plasmir Milgraph Chrono. I've got to say I love this watch it is truely beautiful and the Connolly leather straps can only be described as Luxe. It has quickly become my favorite.

What an original design
blush.gif

Ahriman4891

Reaction score

blackrover

Reaction score
Originally Posted by btinl
Didn't Richemont sue RXW and win?
Someone did and won but not for this design. Ahriman4891 Thanks for the link very, interesting thread. I've read this before and its good education for some watch snobs that are quick to judge. This watch has nothing to do with Panerai design but another take on the ROLEX MM. You've really have to see this watch in person to really understand it. My poor pics do no justice and even the better ones I've found on the internet still fail. The 3H light tubes are really a nice feature, Lume is a major feature on any sport watch today, and we all like to see pics of it freshly charge and glowing brightly. On this though it gets really special once the AWESOMELY bright luminova dies down and the gas tubes come into there own. The tubes aren't as bright Ball but the play between the Plasmir dial and the 3H tubes is beautiful and I think this would be hard to capture with a camera. The mechanical movement is very detailed and had to have been put together by skilled hands. There are metal bars barely thicker than a hair and the whole thing looks very 3D in its lay out. The Column wheel chronograph is something you usually don't see until you get to the very high end of watches, but here it's very reasonable. As I mention before the 2 Connolly straps (1 black 1 brown) are nothing but Luxe. If you ever had the chance to sit in the back of a Bentley or Rolls you will recognize the texture and smell. The SS bracelet is solid and heavy with solid end links and the fit is great. If your looking for a very nice watch at a more than reasonable price its a good way to go. At 40mm its not huge but it wears about the same size as my 44mm ORIS. This isn't a review just some comments on a great watch.

gusvs

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Miguel Alvarez
nice purchase gus. I must admit i'm not a big Rolex fan, but when i walked passed my AD saturday the 16622 and 16570 tempted me. Walked out with a Reverso GD though.
Failed the " no purchase club, march" thing.

Up until 3 months ago I always said I would NEVER by a Rolex - then someone on here recommended the SD, I looked closely at it, and here I am...... I am extremely happy with it, it's clean, classic and no-nonsense!

Raven

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CrocsRock
For shame, sir. A heinous omission... I believe Stowa can be had in the $600 neighbourhood.

Well I'll try looking at the Stowa too, thanks Adagio and CrocsRocks.

I've also seen Longines watches within my price range...

slider07

Reaction score
Here are mine - Rolex Sea-Dweller, Panerai Luminor Sub (024), Kobold Titanium Seal, Omega Seamaster Pro

longskate88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some new ones...Colt Chrono and SA Dive Master 500 PVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads