• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Definitive Guide to T-Shirts

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jakejake
How about Costco's Kirkland brand? I think it on the slim side and it's definitely thicker than the Hanes and Jockeys.
Yeah, after shrinking mine (hot water+dryer) they fit decently except for the fact that they are too long; and they come in medium only, which sucks for skinny guys like me.

2nd sunday

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tooch4321
I only wear bamboo tees these days, but I get them from our distributor. If you can find them, I highly suggest purchasing a couple. They are a lot softer and lighter than any organic cotton tee and they fit awesome, plus they don't really shrink and are machine washable which is what I truly love about them...

I'm thinking anout trying out bamboo tees. Where can I get some nice fitting ones for cheap?

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What would you guys say about MTM T's? I'm thinking about it for myself - I and stacks of people I know, can't get quality, hard wearing, well stitched T's in Australia.

I'd probably start out with plain jersey, in a few different colours.

I'd love to use chambray, too. Flannel, wool could be great too.

Would people pay? It would be materials + shipping pretty much.

I'm thinking that I might offer the service once I get started up in Australia later this year. It's going to be a hobby of mine. I want to make my own dress shirts.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
I paid mjk to cut me some MTM tees. I'll report back when I get the test shirt (should be soonish).

ivan k

Reaction score
Just to follow up with my earlier post of not being able to find any shirts similar to the BDG cut of yesteryear in Large, Michael J. Krell's XL Bamboo T-Shirt is very similar and fit me great.

Mr. Argyle

Reaction score
What general colors do you guys get your slim T's in for your wardrobe? I guess this is more for people who layer rather than those who just wear the T. I was thinking just white, black, and maybe a couple gray and navy blue. My old white T's are getting very dingy so I'm gonna need to stock up again, and I want to do it the right way.

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Argyle
What general colors do you guys get your slim T's in for your wardrobe?

I'm wearing white jeans this summer and plan on going with a half dozen different colors of AA small tee's after 3 hot washes. This thread feels focused on p2p and length measurements, but the longer length of the AA sleeve and the tube shape it maintains makes that tee gold for me.

Gonna test the Mossimo blanks, though, strong tip there. Thanks.

Asch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The last time I was at Target, the Mossimo athletic-fit tees were longer than before, both in the body and in the sleeve, which sucks for me but might be good if you're tall. They still have a good taper to the waist and a fantastic cut overall (no "flare" at the sleeves, for example) Quality control is crap, so be sure to try on the specific tees that you want to buy to make sure each one fits properly.

michaelp123

Reaction score
If it hasn't been mentioned already.. Urban Outfitters BDG tees. Cheaper than AA, Vs aren't as silly deep. Cut slim.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay, I know I've been pushing the Target Mossimo stuff, but the quality cuntrol is terrible. Three of the six I have fit amazing, but then there's the other three which are lackluster. I just bought a graphic tee from Next Level Apparel, and I must admit, it is one of the best fitting shirts I've ever owned.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just handled a Fred Perry t-shirt yesterday and I must say the fit and feel of the cotton used is great. Retails for $35 I believe. If you have any NM Last Call's in your area they should have them available.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The blend on the Mossimo shirts also seem to have changed. I bought one in September that was a 50-50 blend. I picked up another last week and it's a 55-45 blend (cotton-poly), which makes for a stiffer shirt. The cut of a medium does me well through the body, but the arms are almost cartoonishly slim. I'm considering sizing up, since the feel of the shirts are great. I just can't have my arms looking like I'm applying for some bouncer gig.

sploosh

Reaction score
Lately my favorite shirts have been from old navy. They are a nice comfortable lightweight material, but not to thin, so okay to wear when it is chilly
wink.gif
They fit me pretty well too. I have somewhat larger shoulders that it seems a lot of people on sf have, and I'm not super skinny, definatly hefty, about average build, and short, and they fit perfectly. They are also usually 2 for $10

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads