• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Margiela S/S 09 and F/W 09

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by warlok1965
Both too long?

Maybe that's the trick to Margiela -- long in the tooth and hair.
smile.gif

No, really you make that jacket work. I can't even imagine what I'd look like in it (a kid in daddy's clothes maybe). I don't have the scruff of the facial hair or long enough hair in general for the look. It'd look very average on me.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
To be honest if the sleeves were too short, the large openings might look a bit odd, dont you think?
That makes sense, yes. Come to think of it, a lot of designers do that with the sleeves... Costume National is one that comes to mind. Jil's sleeves are longer than most, too. In any case, it still of works, especially with a tee or a sweater.
smile.gif
Maybe we could have, as a part of the WAYWT "Challenge," Designer Days... where we all agree to wear some piece by a particular designer to show how we make them work. it might be an easy/organized way of showing how looks translate from runways/lookbooks into real life.

warlok1965

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The thing about the cuts is, like so much designer stuff MMM is really unforgiving if you are not tall and lean. I always have problems with chest and high armpits being too tight, but this jacket was a bit more relaxed than some of their others.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
The thing about the cuts is, like so much designer stuff MMM is really unforgiving if you are not tall and lean. I always have problems with chest and high armpits being too tight, but this jacket was a bit more relaxed than some of their others.

Is it the "regular" or "slim" cut?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
I think it's abundantly clear that people who say nothing but 'you don't get it' and 'you don't know what you're talking about' need to be around fewer mirrors. If permanent-pressed slacks are your thing I'd suggest a DeLorean for your next set of wheels.
It's obvious where the inspiration came from, but I just wish it didn't require a decade-matched hairstyle and 'stache to wear. The classicism keeps it from being total costume, but certain items from that decade should've been buried in time capsules or left in the bomb shelters.

Don't you live in indiana or some ****? I enjoy how much it pisses you off that people love margiela that you feel the need (in other words can't resist) to contribute a hundred posts in this thread, but in none of the other runway threads you dislike. Carry on and know that your opinion has about as much bearing on people's views as xeno's does.

warlok1965

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Is it the "regular" or "slim" cut?
Regular 48. When I try on the slim 48 I feel like Chris Farley x David Spade.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
It's unfortunate the bh buy is so bad.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Don't you live in indiana or some ****? I enjoy how much it pisses you off that people love margiela that you feel the need (in other words can't resist) to contribute a hundred posts in this thread, but in none of the other runway threads you dislike. Carry on and know that your opinion has about as much bearing on people's views as xeno's does.
Did I strike a nerve? Like I said before, get away from mirrors. I thought I made it abundantly clear already that I'm just opining. I really don't care if people wear MMM although you seem to care if people don't. Grow up, kid. You're acting like I just told you Santa Claus doesn't exist.

warlok1965

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
It's unfortunate the bh buy is so bad.

I was gonna stop by maybe tomorrow but if they haven't got anything more than they received last month I may pass. Douglas is supposed to call me when (or if I guess) they get those skinny off white jawnz.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
Did I strike a nerve? Like I said before, get away from mirrors. I thought I made it abundantly clear already that I'm just opining. I really don't care if people wear MMM although you seem to care if people don't. Grow up, kid. You're acting like I just told you Santa Claus doesn't exist.

I just told my buddy about your opinion of margiela and how you then started a moschino and marc thread and he just started dying on the phone hahaa.

I was gonna stop by maybe tomorrow but if they haven't got anything more than they received last month I may pass. Douglas is supposed to call me when (or if I guess) they get those skinny off white jawnz.

Dude is a good addition to the store he knows quite a bit.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
I just told my buddy about your opinion of margiela and how you then started a moschino and marc thread and he just started dying on the phone hahaa.
Thanks for proving my point. I can imagine the conversation: You: Yo dog, this guy on an Internet forum was trashing Margiela! Him: No way! You: Yeah man, he was all like 'I don't like it' and stuff and then get this... Him: What? You: He posted a Moschino and Marc Jacobs thread! Him: Oh man what a loser! You: I know right! Hey man, I gotta go, my mac and cheese is done, but I just wanted to tell you what a loser this guy on an Internet forum is!

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
I'm a little late to the party but the prices on some things are 'reasonable' for what they are, ie: some of the outerwear and the leather.

That said as nice as the sneakers are paying $500+ for some german army hi tops is blah.

When sale time comes though...!

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
why, do you really need to be in this thread if you don't care for Margiela? It's not adding anything.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads