• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Margiela S/S 09 and F/W 09

farfisa23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went to MMM show at the MoMu in Antwerp last month, it was great, here is my flicker set. http://www.flickr.com/photos/theguz/...7614119307814/ Also, if you are a HUGE MMM collector, send me a PM, I have some pamphlets in Flemish and English on the show. In the PM, tell me why you want them. (Gave them away, that was quick)

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
Thanks for proving my point.

I can imagine the conversation:

You: Yo dog, this guy on an Internet forum was trashing Margiela!
Him: No way!
You: Yeah man, he was all like 'I don't like it' and stuff and then get this...
Him: What?
You: He posted a Moschino and Marc Jacobs thread!
Him: Oh man what a loser!
You: I know right! Hey man, I gotta go, my mac and cheese is done, but I just wanted to tell you what a loser this guy on an Internet forum is!

Close, more like:

Him: yo wassup whatchoo doin
Me: nothing reading
Him: about what?
Me: some du wit a small pecker hating on margiela
Him: hahaa what
Me: he just started a thread about moschino and now marc by mj
Him: ahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaahahaha
Me: hahaa so wassup

PS. like aretha said come back when you're witty

Originally Posted by PG2G
why, do you really need to be in this thread if you don't care for Margiela? It's not adding anything.

Perhaps I should change my location to "under why's skin" since he can't control himself from posting. Kinda done with him anyway I'll post up some more un-cohesive looks later.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
why, do you really need to be in this thread if you don't care for Margiela? It's not adding anything.

Oh, I didn't realize these threads were for praise only.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
Its not really. There's a point where you, as a member of this community, need to realize that your posts are derailing this thread. If you don't really have anything beneficial to add to the thread, there's no real reason for you to be here.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score

This place would just be like TheFashionSpot then.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
This place would just be like TheFashionSpot then.

But only if you misspell Margiela, throw in lots of smileys, exclamation points, OMG, and non-sequiturs like "and Gucci is kool Mark Jakubs OMG wow Starving Kids in Africa it's so sad maps in iraq!lol omg!!1!!"

TheFusilliJerry

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
But only if you misspell Margiela, throw in lots of smileys, exclamation points, OMG, and non-sequiturs like "and Gucci is kool Mark Jakubs OMG wow Starving Kids in Africa it's so sad maps in iraq!lol omg!!1!!"

lol maps in iraq

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why

They are not. There is, however, a substantive difference between someone who provides interesting criticism and someone who is just being an annoying downer. "Meh" does not count as interesting criticism.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
They are not. There is, however, a substantive difference between someone who provides interesting criticism and someone who is just being an annoying downer. "Meh" does not count as interesting criticism.
Good thing I had a lot more to say about it than simply 'meh'.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why does why have to justify himself for not liking a brand? Enough with the circle jerking, seriously. He even posted two collections that he does like, so he is certainly contributing.

Socal said it best, this place would turn into mindless drones drooling over fashion if it weren't for people like why. How else can we judge the reception of a collection if all there is is praise? I can understand being against pointless trolling, but he did not do such things.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
I didn't read the whole thread and the back&forth, but having had quite a few MMM pieces over the years, I just think I'm too blagh a personality to make it come out and show what it's got. It's interesting stuff, but subtle, and requires a bit of kitsch or flair to work (IMHO) in the attitude/presentation/style of the wearer, more than most brands. In some ways, this is the genius of MMM, but not for boring/minimal people like me. (haha) On the right people, I fine MMM works and is very unique. On others (like me), it came off as looking dull and flat and unstellar. Our very own GS is probably the best interpreter of MMM I know or have seen IRL... I could take his same outfit or piece and it where it looks neat on him, just comes across as "meh" on me. SonicVoodoo would be another who I think could rock MMM very easily. While this sense of "boring on some/ great on others" is true of all brands (to some extent), I find it moreso for MMM. It's sort of a "basic with a key..."
Thanks John, but that's not true. I don't really wear it like how it's styled. And, I'm not tall and lean enough for it, apparently.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Edit: Nevermind :p

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XenoX101
Why does why have to justify himself for not liking a brand? Enough with the circle jerking, seriously. He even posted two collections that he does like, so he is certainly contributing.

Xenox is on your side. That can't be a good sign.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads