• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What style focused blogs do you read?

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
I haven't checked suzie bubble or brianboy's blog in a while, anything interesting going on?
brianboy hated on socal for awhile last year.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
brianboy hated on socal for awhile last year.

I saw that, it was funny (no hate socal, I'm sure you loved the attention anyway).

I like that on babygreen's blog, the shoes and scarf kinda kills it but the two coats, especially the bright blue one, make it worthwhile.

mg3967lx1.jpg
[/IMG]

mpcec

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
Does LabelKing have a blog? Maybe even a livejournal or a little twitter account?

I do a face palm each time I read stuff like "this is dope" or "I'm really feeling this right now" on that site.

Besides the way he articulates how much he likes something is there anything else you find so bad about it? I'm genuinely curious... it seems like he puts in a lot of effort, especially for a college kid. He gets some good interviews and consistently puts out a decent issue each month. I think the layout is pretty nice too.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just saw what Robin posted, and I have to say I agree completely. That's why I personally don't read it.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
^This doesn't really make sense...Bobo said it was uninformed. What did you mean? Can you clue some of us in? I think a good number of the forum readers here read hyr...
Basically, I just think what he writes anyone could do. I don't find it to be informative, useful, or in depth. He also doesn't really have anything that is "really new". Most things he post on his blog I've already seen on another blog or site. It's not horrible or anything and there are definitely some good posts, I just don't like it enough to bookmark or read on a regular basis.

Pangolin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mpcec
Besides the way he articulates how much he likes something is there anything else you find so bad about it? I'm genuinely curious... it seems like he puts in a lot of effort, especially for a college kid. He gets some good interviews and consistently puts out a decent issue each month. I think the layout is pretty nice too.

The magazine part is not bad at all, but I feel the daily blog is just annoying and unnecessary. What's the point of taking pictures of other blogs or forums and repost them? The light comments the authors make don't justify this either.

mpcec

Reaction score
Originally Posted by onion
Basically, I just think what he writes anyone could do. I don't find it to be informative, useful, or in depth. He also doesn't really have anything that is "really new". Most things he post on his blog I've already seen on another blog or site. It's not horrible or anything and there are definitely some good posts, I just don't like it enough to bookmark or read on a regular basis.

He's not a fantastic writer and some of the information is a rehash from other blogs/ forum threads but certainly not all of it. I doubt many people new about Ken Diamond, Mismo... I mean I don't really care to go through the archives and pull out everything but he certainly brings attention to stuff that I (and I would wager a majority of readers) haven't heard of. It isn't completely derivative. He also personally gets in touch with these brands/ designers and gets photos and interviews so it feels much more personal than just a thread on a forum or a blog post about a brand.

Originally Posted by octopandda
The magazine part is not bad at all, but I feel the daily blog is just annoying and unnecessary. What's the point of taking pictures of other blogs or forums and repost them? The light comments the authors make don't justify this either.

I would agree that the blog is self indulgent but all blogs are essentially this, and it's a small portion of the site. I enjoy when he talks about other blogs, it's sort of interesting seeing interaction between different bloggers and getting a glimpse of the community.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads