1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What style focused blogs do you read?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Coldsnap, Feb 12, 2009.

1. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

I do like funky glasses--that blog has someone in a monocle.

2. robin

robin Senior member

Does LabelKing have a blog? Maybe even a livejournal or a little twitter account?

HYR is almost embarrassing, since everythings so uninformed
    I do a face palm each time I read stuff like "this is dope" or "I'm really feeling this right now" on that site.

3. 604guy

604guy Well-Known Member

4. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

CL may be a little too close to the subjects, but a lot of his non-clothing-related posts are good, too.

http://asuitablewardrobe.dynend.com/

Will's blog is awesome, although the whole dynamic endeavors/in person thing is a little weird.

5. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

Garance DorÃ[​IMG]
    CafÃ[​IMG] Mode
    Jak & Jil
    The Sartorialist

6. babygreenspots

babygreenspots Senior member

Good deal to check out here. I don't think there will be much inspiration for forumites on my style blog, but it might be found amusing.

7. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

Cool, will check. Can people explain what the blogs they check are like so I don't have to click them all.

I haven't checked suzie bubble or brianboy's blog in a while, anything interesting going on?

8. robin

robin Senior member

I haven't checked suzie bubble or brianboy's blog in a while, anything interesting going on?
    brianboy hated on socal for awhile last year.

9. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

brianboy hated on socal for awhile last year.

I saw that, it was funny (no hate socal, I'm sure you loved the attention anyway).

I like that on babygreen's blog, the shoes and scarf kinda kills it but the two coats, especially the bright blue one, make it worthwhile.

[​IMG][/IMG]

10. mpcec

mpcec Senior member

Does LabelKing have a blog? Maybe even a livejournal or a little twitter account?

I do a face palm each time I read stuff like "this is dope" or "I'm really feeling this right now" on that site.

Besides the way he articulates how much he likes something is there anything else you find so bad about it? I'm genuinely curious... it seems like he puts in a lot of effort, especially for a college kid. He gets some good interviews and consistently puts out a decent issue each month. I think the layout is pretty nice too.

11. onion

onion Senior member

I just saw what Robin posted, and I have to say I agree completely. That's why I personally don't read it.

12. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

^This doesn't really make sense...Bobo said it was uninformed. What did you mean? Can you clue some of us in? I think a good number of the forum readers here read hyr...

13. onion

onion Senior member

^This doesn't really make sense...Bobo said it was uninformed. What did you mean? Can you clue some of us in? I think a good number of the forum readers here read hyr...
    Basically, I just think what he writes anyone could do. I don't find it to be informative, useful, or in depth. He also doesn't really have anything that is "really new". Most things he post on his blog I've already seen on another blog or site. It's not horrible or anything and there are definitely some good posts, I just don't like it enough to bookmark or read on a regular basis.

14. Pangolin

Pangolin Senior member

Besides the way he articulates how much he likes something is there anything else you find so bad about it? I'm genuinely curious... it seems like he puts in a lot of effort, especially for a college kid. He gets some good interviews and consistently puts out a decent issue each month. I think the layout is pretty nice too.

The magazine part is not bad at all, but I feel the daily blog is just annoying and unnecessary. What's the point of taking pictures of other blogs or forums and repost them? The light comments the authors make don't justify this either.

15. xpress

xpress Senior member

Kanye University...

He's got some wicked stuff on there sometimes!

16. mpcec

mpcec Senior member

Basically, I just think what he writes anyone could do. I don't find it to be informative, useful, or in depth. He also doesn't really have anything that is "really new". Most things he post on his blog I've already seen on another blog or site. It's not horrible or anything and there are definitely some good posts, I just don't like it enough to bookmark or read on a regular basis.

He's not a fantastic writer and some of the information is a rehash from other blogs/ forum threads but certainly not all of it. I doubt many people new about Ken Diamond, Mismo... I mean I don't really care to go through the archives and pull out everything but he certainly brings attention to stuff that I (and I would wager a majority of readers) haven't heard of. It isn't completely derivative. He also personally gets in touch with these brands/ designers and gets photos and interviews so it feels much more personal than just a thread on a forum or a blog post about a brand.

The magazine part is not bad at all, but I feel the daily blog is just annoying and unnecessary. What's the point of taking pictures of other blogs or forums and repost them? The light comments the authors make don't justify this either.

I would agree that the blog is self indulgent but all blogs are essentially this, and it's a small portion of the site. I enjoy when he talks about other blogs, it's sort of interesting seeing interaction between different bloggers and getting a glimpse of the community.