• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any Ivy League Graduates?

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
EWWW you went to brown you must have dreadlocks and a minor in hackie sack technique.
My uncle went to Brown in the '70's and carried a big knife on his belt to class (apparently this was cool then). He also wore lots of tie dye and listened to The Band and the Allman Brothers. I believe his minor was in hackie sack technique, yes.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Considering every other post from Mr. Magoofan contains "I went to Brown University," I am shocked that you were not aware of his Ivy pedigree.

You forgot to mention that I wear RUBINACCI.

EWWW you went to brown you must have dreadlocks and a minor in hackie sack technique.

I did. Then law school turned me into soul-less dollar-counting lawyer.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Oh nvm. I was talking about real Ivies.

If Brown isn't a 'real' Ivy, Cornell and Penn must be anti-real. They negate the realness of Harvard, Yale, and Princeton, leaving the merely unreal Ivies (Brown, Columbia, and Dartmouth) the most real of them all.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok guys I'm packing about 7 inches, maybe 7 and a half on a really good day.

Mafoo is asian so he's automatically out of the running.

Metro, what do you got?

RJmanbearpig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
If Brown isn't a 'real' Ivy, Cornell and Penn must be anti-real. They negate the realness of Harvard, Yale, and Princeton, leaving the merely unreal Ivies (Brown, Columbia, and Dartmouth) the most real of them all.

Cornell is the only Ivy with a school of foyer management.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Ok guys I'm packing about 7 inches, maybe 7 and a half on a really good day.

Mafoo is asian so he's automatically out of the running.

Metro, what do you got?

I bet Ghengis Kahn was huge. Don't underestimate the mongoloid. He is wily and virile.

Originally Posted by RJmanbearpig
Cornell is the only Ivy with a school of foyer management.

Then perhaps I will hire a Cornell alum to make me a foyer. I won't bring up the whole 'safety school' issue.

J/K

The Deacon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Full tuition at UMass Amherst or loans up the arse for the ivies?

That's the choice a relative is facing. He's currently interested in quantitative finance, applied math and computer science and realizes that UMass doesn't exactly fit the bill.

Opinions appreciated.
confused.gif

RJmanbearpig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bet Ghengis Kahn was huge.
Meh. Conquering most of Eastern Hemisphere = massively overcompensating for something.
Mafoocius say...Don't underestimate the mongoloid. He is wily and virile.
Yet so inscrutable!

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ok guys I'm packing about 7 inches, maybe 7 and a half on a really good day. Mafoo is asian so he's automatically out of the running. Metro, what do you got?
I was 6 pre-Columbia. 9.5 now, thanks to my comprehensive liberal arts education. EDIT: Mafoofan, just kidding. I love Brown - no grades, lots of drugs, keggers. What's not to enjoy?

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I was 6 pre-Columbia. 9.5 now, thanks to my comprehensive liberal arts education.

EDIT: Mafoofan, just kidding. I love Brown - no grades, lots of drugs, keggers. What's not to enjoy?

Oh, I get it now. You went to Columbia. When I was a junior, you guys tried to start a rivalry with us by talking smack in your newspaper. An overt rivalry would have been fun, but I think we were too stoned to respond to the challenge.

Anyway, while Brown and Columbia are a better match in most respects, Brown's ideological rival is Princeton.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh, I get it now. You went to Columbia. When I was a junior, you guys tried to start a rivalry with us by talking smack in your newspaper. An overt rivalry would have been fun, but I think we were too stoned to respond to the challenge.

Anyway, Brown's ideological rival is Princeton.

I have zero Columbia pride. I consider Princeton, Yale, and Harvard to be a clear step above in terms of "I went to school X" snobbishness.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have zero Columbia pride. I consider Princeton, Yale, and Harvard to be a clear step above in terms of "I went to school X" snobbishness.

True. That's why us middle Ivies have to stick together: keep the top dogs in check and make sure the bottom-dwellers don't get too rowdy.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

NICE that means I win and my white guy dick is safe from embarassment for another day.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgeemore