• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cas Camicia - Ebisu Area, Tokyo, Japan : Anyone Tried?

erdavis

Reaction score
Anyone tried this store? They seem to make some pretty progressive looking shirts.

http://www.casa-camicia.com/designlining.html

I am looking for some shirts with a little something different and was considering this store. They seem to make shirts in the $180-$300 range each. Pricey, but almost within my budget or within dreaming range.

Any advice is welcome...

erdavis

Reaction score
Went to the store today and ordered a shirt. The owner was very nice and asked alot of questions about details. I forgot that there are about 20 different options on a shirt. They support ALOT of different collar sizes and heights. If you can dream it, they have it.

The shirt will cost me about $230 USD. I went for single cuff, with dark blue polka dot lining on the sleeve and collar.

The shirt will arrive in about 3 weeks.

This is the first time I have tried shirts with a lined inside collar area and lined sleeves.

I ordered the shirt as single cuff to go with some bespoke single cuff cufflinks I have on order.

I will post photos when the shirt arrives.

erdavis

Reaction score
Good question. They took all the usual neck, chest, stomach, arm etc.. measurements. The guy doing the measuring knew what he was doing.

He was asking me about fit, and I told him I would bring in a shirt tomororw that fits me in way I like.

So judging from seeing him measure another customer and his measuring of me, I think he is qualified. Of course, these may be famous last words.

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For people not living in Tokyo, the relevant question is: How is this compared to Jantzen?

Jantzen already does all this for approximately $50. Other Asian tailors can be found who will do this with better fabric cheaper; Joe's Tailoring in Singapore will do this with Thomas Mason fabric for S$250.

Not criticizing, but asking for the additional report on fabric quality or anything unique (including fabric availability), as fit and construction are done at least as well elsewhere.

erdavis

Reaction score
Not sure of how it compares to Janzen. I have had shirts by CEGO, MyTailor in the past. We can pick apart the detail quality once I get it.

The fabric selection was very nice. He had alot of import fabrics from Italy, Europe and Japan. Complex stripes, bright colors, subtle weaves etc... I think he has an edge in fabric selection area. Not so much in volume of patterns, but the ones he does have are interesting. I think most of his customers are coming in for the "interesting" factor. He couldn't survive unless he carried unique fabric. There are many basic good quality shirt makers in the same neighborhood...
I just ordered some from another shirt maker down the street. They were very nice, but not colored button holes, colored buttons, or unusual collars etc...

The nice thing there was no shirt minimum and it was actually assumed this was 1/1.

I did however notice he did have Thomas Mason fabrics as well.

erdavis

Reaction score
Here are a few of the brands that I saw in the store today that I had not mentioned above: Alumo, Oltolina Also I saw a writing pad that said Gieves and Hawkes. For all I know he may have gotten the Gieves and Hawkeswriting pad while on a tirp to a show.

tokyodandy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by josepidal
as fit and construction are done at least as well elsewhere.
It's not clear to me what your qualifications are for making a statement like this. You have already had one made? You have seen the quality of construction?

For myself my HK tailor makes well fitted shirts out of good to excellent quality fabrics for the equivalent of $90-$150, but he doesn't do the interesting stuff such as lined collars and cuffs, horizontal buttons, fancy stitching and so on. So that's why I would consider visiting Camicia.

TD

erdavis

Reaction score
Well I got the shirt and they a nice job.

I have no idea if its better or worse than Jansen or Chan. All I know for sure is I get the shirt I wanted in 3 weeks. The one thing these people do well is customization. They had almost too many cuff, collar, stitching options, some of them quite funky. If you want a 101 options this is a must visit. They are also very close to the train station, which makes dropping in convenient.

The bigger issue is where to find something other than silk knots for single cuff. Sorry the photos aren't better.

3067416800_4db3a089f2.jpg

3066596147_a9e8b7a094.jpg

tokyodandy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by erdavis
Well I got the shirt and they a nice job.
Yeah, picked up mine this week too. Initially I was worried that the collar was flying (didn't go for a button-down) but once I washed it to get the starch out it was fine. I specified the top button about 1 cm higher than usual to ensure that my undershirt doesn't become visible. Overall good fit, nicely finished.

TD

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads