• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sartorially Challenged

Reaction score
What's the difference between Lüm-Tec B1 and B1LE?

I wish it did not have the silly label "combat" -- which I find very much of a poseur. Otherwise I might order one for kicks since it is unlike any other kind of watch I own.

KBW

Reaction score
The full name is the "Combat B1". It is growing on me more and more and I'll probably end up ordering one soon. The B1LE has an upgraded movement which I wouldn't buy unless I added the optional see through case back. Here's someone's pic of the case back with the LE mvmt (decently nice mvmt but nothing extraordinary). I see the metal part of the caseback says "bespoke modification" but I'm not sure what else was custom on this one.
684fe01a.jpg
I'll probably think long and hard on a good strap for it and eventually pick one up for myself.

NonServiam

Reaction score
I like 70s Heuers!
smile.gif
Here represented by Autavia 11630 (auto), Autavia 73663 (manual) and a manual flyback chrono used by F-104 Starfighter pilots in the Royal Norwegian Airforce. Vintage is the best, style and history!

Klokkebilder087.jpg

Klokkebilder097.jpg

Klokkebilder140.jpg

Klokkebilder151.jpg

Klokkebilder124.jpg

Klokkebilder123.jpg

Tidybeard

Reaction score
My latest acquisition. It was between this and the GMT IIc but since the LV will be gone in the new year and the GMT will still be around (plus I already have one, a 16760 "Fat Lady" that I bought with my first pay cheque in 1988 - seen in these pics), I went with the Kermit :)

I know some people don't like Rolex for a number of reasons (some of which I agree with), but I do, so here are mine!

LV-1.jpg

GMTLV-1.jpg

KBW

Reaction score
Another nice Kermit. I will have mine soon

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KBW
The full name is the "Combat B1". It is growing on me more and more and I'll probably end up ordering one soon.

The B1LE has an upgraded movement which I wouldn't buy unless I added the optional see through case back.

Can you order the clear caseback on the standard model? How much is it?

KBW

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
Can you order the clear caseback on the standard model? How much is it?

Yes. It is $30 extra on top of the $595 for the standard so $625.

He is making a custom one for me with the movement of the limited edition but a non-decorated version so it is cheaper.

spoiledone

Reaction score
Hello, I am new here and I would have to say right now I am more into watches than clothing but that is changing and I hope to be a contributing member. Here is my Oris Artellier that I like to wear when I dress for business. Cheers ....
DSC_0002-3.jpg
DSC_0004-5.jpg

freshcutgrass

Reaction score
I didn't have time to read the entire thread, so sorry if this is a repeat.

I can't tell if it's the decadence or the rarity (one working prototype produced), but I do know I would like to have it.

The Cobra 1958 Louis Cottier

KBW

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sartorially Challenged
Either way, I find that very poseur. Also, I just noticed that it does not mention what kind of movement it has, aside from something about "Asian." What's that all about?
I can tell you in the morning what it is but my mind is shot right now and I'm posting from my house (have the info on my computer at the office). It is 17 jewels if I'm not mistaken and I know that doesn't help any. You can get the LE's upgraded movement without decoration for a lower price which is what I'm doing because I'm not one to care about how decorated my movement is when I never look at it. Also the "Combat B1 on the dial is very subtle as far as the red doesn't stand out and is not lumed.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sartorially Challenged
Either way, I find that very poseur.

Is it really more Poseur than having a watch with "1000m SUBMARINER" on it, or "AVIATOR"?

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by freshcutgrass
I didn't have time to read the entire thread, so sorry if this is a repeat.

I can't tell if it's the decadence or the rarity (one working prototype produced), but I do know I would like to have it.

The Cobra 1958 Louis Cottier

That's fantastic. Louis Cottier was also the one who did the famous World Time watch for both Patek and Agassiz.

I'm reminded of these custom LEDs produced by the jeweler Grima in the '70s:

aaGrima5.jpg

aaGrima2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads