• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Posting same topic here and on AAAC forums??

Orsini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
...I've often wondered if the mods here/there/anywhere had any non-moderator alter-egos that they used to "unwind" or "unload" their frustrations...
They do not have to. They just "take off their moderator hat", turn on the flame thrower, and then put it back on...

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
I don't know about AAAC, but at the other fora, a sense of overly-PC moderating started to kill the vibe. Here, we can call an idiot an idiot.
O RLY? (AF joke)

Originally Posted by Andre Yew
sad because it was my introduction to the wonderful world of Internet clothing fora (and I say that without a hint of irony).
Same.

Originally Posted by Manton
The big fat rabbit who is always late loves this trick above all.
For some reason, I thought you were making a Donnie Darko reference.

I never really noticed Cruiser when I was posting on AAAC. I suppose if I went back now I would. However, apart from medwards, what is there to return for except memories...

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Orsini
They do not have to. They just "take off their moderator hat", turn on the flame thrower, and then put it back on...

What if they don't want you to know that it's them?

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sator
I wonder how long it will be before he and the other moderators throw in the towel like Will and walk away.

Wait, Will isn't an AAAC mod any more? I guess it's been longer than I thought since I visited with any frequency.

It would be cool to read more Medwards posts directly commenting on clothes / style since IMO he knows a lot about both. Seems like a waste to have him posting mainly about past threads and administrative stuff.

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JLibourel
Naturally, I had felt a temptation to lay into Cruiser, but I felt it would just degrade me to his level and risk getting myself banned. Therefore I quietly took my leave, six months ago to this very day.

So rather than having it out with him 'directly,' you decided to talk smack about him and the AAAC mods all over the internet since that's degrades you less??

The clothes forum world would be a much poorer place without some internet feuds but I don't think this is one of the good ones.

Sator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cantabrigian
So rather than having it out with him 'directly,' you decided to talk smack about him and the AAAC mods all over the internet since that's degrades you less??

Speaking as someone who has even earned a kind of respect from Cruiser as I am one of the few who seem to debate with him until he falls into a dazed silence (I never quite know what to make of that though). Even he has recently acknowledge this of me. Yet it is tiresome to have him "in the room" butting in on the conversation. I can understand why everyone is walking off to the next party. Why stick with one gathering when you have to constantly put up with a bore? It seems logical to just move on. And it is clearly not just JLiboural who has moved on but Dopey, RJman and quite a few others who have identified themselves in this thread. Next as a result Will and Manton too are rarely seen there and it snowballs. Even AlanC is not posting there as much he used to and he is a mod!

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Wow - until this thread, I hadn't actually checked out the Fashion Forum at AAAC in quite a long time. I do check the Trad forum once in a while as it is fun to see the discussions that take place regarding what is and is not authentic trad attire. I would argue that the downfall of intelligent discussion and the rise of Cruiser is the natural outgrowth of the heavy-handed moderation that has always been the hallmark of the Andy fora. Unfortunately, when you drive away original thinkers, censor any criticisms and force everyone to live in the fear that they may cross the invisible line of the Malindae at any time, you end up with a situation where a poster like Cruiser can build his reputation and standing to the point where no one can or will challenge him - even when he makes insulting remarks like his comment about Jan's wife, or as he argues, women of that ilk. The difference between the two fora is that should a poster like Cruiser (and of course, I use his name for illustrative purposes only
smile.gif
) begin spewing his inanities on this forum, he would be promptly called out not by moderators, but by the other members. Self moderation and a willingness to accept the fact that everything we discuss on these forums is really a matter of opinion and not rule is, to my way of thinking, the clear distinction between this forum and AAAC.

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sator
Speaking as someone who has even earned a kind of respect from Cruiser as I am one of the few who seem to debate with him until he falls into a dazed silence (I never quite know what to make of that though). Even he has recently acknowledge this of me. Yet it is tiresome to have him "in the room" butting in on the conversation. I can understand why everyone is walking off to the next party. Why stick with one gathering when you have to constantly put up with a bore? It seems logical to just move on. And it is clearly not just JLiboural who has moved on but Dopey, RJman and quite a few others who have identified themselves in this thread. Next as a result Will and Manton too are rarely seen there and it snowballs. Even AlanC is not posting there as much he used to and he is a mod!
I agree with what you wrote but I was originally getting at something different.

I understand why people are leaving - I haven't been as interested myself.

I just don't - in general - understand why someone would forebear from responding in the moment only to then whine about an incident for months afterwards.

And even if you're going to go that route, why pretend that you didn't respond immediately because you were above it (while at the same time launching a new passive-aggressive attack)?

It's not a big deal - it's just odd.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Somebody should start a concurrent thread on APAC. That would truly be the acid test.

AldenPyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure why people find Cruiser so offensive. Extremely repetitive, maybe.

This message is hidden because Cruiser is on your ignore list.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Somebody should start a concurrent thread on APAC. That would truly be the acid test.

Originally Posted by Fuuma
Ask Pedro About Clothes?

It's a more advanced name for AAAC that the too cool for school use.
Originally Posted by YoungFogey
I suppose we all have our cheap tricks.
You have quite the langue de vipere, as they say in Freedom...

Still, what was with the "Triple K Production"?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads