• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Paul Smith Shoe Thread... all PS shoe questions here

cool_hand

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
My wish list is pretty simple, bring back the Chens!!!!

Yes the Chen's were great. Sadly I ruined my Tan Chen's last week, I accidentally dropped some oily liquid onto to them when I was in the kitchen. Try as I might I can't get the stain out. Have done my best with polish to cover up. Paul Smith light colored shoes have to be treated really carefully, anything oily darkens them. I guess I did OK not to stain them sooner, I've had a lot of wear out of them. I still have my Python Dip Dye Chen's - time to start wearing them.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cool_hand

what are the shoes in your avatar. pretty cool. thanks

cool_hand

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fritzl
what are the shoes in your avatar. pretty cool. thanks

They are IKE's, they've been repeated this season in brown and black, not sure if they've repeated the red?

Anyone else having problems getting replies from PS Customers Services, I've sent them a string of questions regarding availability and sizing?

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They are IKE's, they've been repeated this season in brown and black, not sure if they've repeated the red?

sorry for my ignorance: IKE is the name or the brand?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrooklynHighpost
RFX or Zippyh: what are you guys wearing this color with? Only with light blue jeans or wheat/white jeans?

I wear with lighter khaki or even some tweeds. Oakwood is actually a pretty versatile color.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by attacus
hi guys! i am new here but have been lurking this thread for the past few months.

i would like to share an issue that i currently encountered with my paul smith shoes, as well as to gain some feedbacks from you all.

i recently purchased 2 pairs of millers, one in nero/black (SBXC/B005/WSH) and another one in oakwood (SBXC/A029/WSU). i found that all the metal eyelets of the miller in nero are rusty. paul smith uk have said that this condition is 'unacceptable' and asked if i would like to send back the shoes to them. anyone encountered this situation before? can i get my local cobbler to change all the rusty eyelets?

any feedback with be much appreciated. thank you so much!

Wow, that's pretty bad. Perhaps shake better at the urinal?
smile.gif

I think PinkPantser or some one had problems with rusty eyelets on his Ricards.
Since PS said they'll replace, why not just do that?

I've not had any problems with PS shoes like that.
I do have a pair of Aldens where the paint is flecking off the eyelets but they're not rusty.

attacus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zippyh
Wow, that's pretty bad. Perhaps shake better at the urinal?
smile.gif

I think PinkPantser or some one had problems with rusty eyelets on his Ricards.
Since PS said they'll replace, why not just do that?

I've not had any problems with PS shoes like that.
I do have a pair of Aldens where the paint is flecking off the eyelets but they're not rusty.

hah! you can say that again! was trying to match at least 0.0001% of your collection and this is what i get.

i wonder how could this even happened. it looks like the shoes are soaked in the dead sea.

paul smith doesn't promise any replacement. they just asked me to send back the shoes to let them have look, after which they will decide later.

attacus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
They should have a bit of a patina if anything, certainly not rust. If they're offering a free exchange I'd definitely take them up on it

it really puzzled me. my other paul smiths don't have this issue.

well, according to paul smith, no guarantee of replacement. they just asked me to send them back and wait.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by muffinman
It's the name of that particular shoe. The brand is Paul Smith.

thanks

it's a nice retro look of a mountain boot from the old days.

blynch

Reaction score
it really puzzled me. my other paul smiths don't have this issue.

well, according to paul smith, no guarantee of replacement. they just asked me to send them back and wait.

I have a pair of black bihars that had rusty eyelets out of the box, didn't bother me much as I got them heavily discounted.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Yes the Chen's were great. Sadly I ruined my Tan Chen's last week, I accidentally dropped some oily liquid onto to them when I was in the kitchen. Try as I might I can't get the stain out. Have done my best with polish to cover up. Paul Smith light colored shoes have to be treated really carefully, anything oily darkens them. I guess I did OK not to stain them sooner, I've had a lot of wear out of them. I still have my Python Dip Dye Chen's - time to start wearing them.
Pics! Oh, and there're these collection shoes on ebay for really cheap, but there's some discoloration somewhere

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
it really puzzled me. my other paul smiths don't have this issue. well, according to paul smith, no guarantee of replacement. they just asked me to send them back and wait.
Personally, I'd still go with it, but if you don't want to wait you could try talking to cobblers in your area and see if any could replace the eyelets

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coongameb52