• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I have the AE bug!

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I won't go into another tirade against collecting Allen Edmonds, but . . . did you look at Alden? I think the styling is much more interesting and the price is barely higher.

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
I won't go into another tirade against collecting Allen Edmonds, but . . . did you look at Alden? I think the styling is much more interesting and the price is barely higher.

Not when AE's are on sale though (like the $110 ish craze last month)

CMJTperry

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan

I didn't, I happened to be close to Port Washington and wanted to check out Allen Edmonds, the shoes were around $100.00 off so I bought them. The other pair were only $149.00 (disc.) so I bought them as well. So only $600.00 for all 3 pair. I will look at Alden as well. I'n not locked into AE but I do like the ones I have. Thanks for the suggestion.

Bellison

Reaction score
Please don't get the AE bug. I'd advise you to return them asap and save up for a nice pair of EGs or GGs.

Originally Posted by CMJTperry
In the last few weeks I have bought the following -
AE Fifth Ave in Walnut - beautiful color, not sure what to wear with them?
AE Cliftons in Black - to go with Corneliani suit I just bought it feels great on
AE Soho in Cognac - found new on eBay for $149 we/ free shipping and the other 2 pair I purchased at the Store/Factory in Wi.
Dirty Dozen Nagrani socks
Several pair of Corgi socks
I also purchased a new Robert Talbott tie to go with my new suit.

Loving the shoes and already looking to buy a few more pair. I was at Nordstrom's in Chicago this week and looked at a pair of Santoni (I think was the label) shoes that were beautiful. Anyway, I'm new on here and just wanted to say thanks for all the information posted. Its very helpful and interesting.
happy.gif

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CMJTperry congratulations on your purchases.
I have about 20 pair of AE myself and enjoy them all.
More AE purchases are iminent !

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am a big fan of AE. They are quality shoes at reasonable prices. They are USA made. You should be very happy with your purchases.

CMJTperry

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint
CMJTperry congratulations on your purchases.
I have about 20 pair of AE myself and enjoy them all.
More AE purchases are iminent !

Thanks, I like them and am enjoying them as well.

CMJTperry

Reaction score
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman
I am a big fan of AE. They are quality shoes at reasonable prices. They are USA made. You should be very happy with your purchases.

I am, big plus that they are US made as well.

jesask

Reaction score
While I agree that AE makes some ugly shoes, they also make a few nice ones. I ownn AE and Alden as well as a few C&Js. All of which have served me well.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by panties in a bunch 1
$ > tact

Originally Posted by panties in a bunch 2
The AE hate on this forum is so tired. Good for you if you prefer other brands. Not all of us are sheep following the SF trend toward massively expensive footwear that is, in terms of function, marginally superior at best and, in terms of style, simply subjectively better, or perhaps worse.

Originally Posted by panties in a bunch 3
I like them , doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. Kind of surprised that at the first several responses. No big deal though. Life's good, and I'm going to enjoy my purchases. Buying the Corneliani suit and all the other items was a big purchase for me and I'm going to enjoy wearing them. Thanks for all input either way.

oh please...

again i say

Originally Posted by fcuknu
I give you 3 months before you throw out all of your AE shoes

lol8[1].gif

relax. it's sf.

lpresq

Reaction score
We all go through the AE learning curve. Before long, you'll realize that AE is great option, but only after a large snowfall. Best of luck on your progession, Padawan.
wink.gif

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
:face:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.