• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Accountability Thread

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
torn labia, sounds pretty fierce.

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
If it's a labral tear it's unlikely to heal.

Oh ****. I hope that isn't the problem, then. I will get it checked out. The pain is minor and only occurs at extremes of motion. The best example would be putting my arm into the sleeve of a jacket.

What profession or specialty is best equipped to diagnose this injury?

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by db_ggmm
Oh ****. I hope that isn't the problem, then. I will get it checked out. The pain is minor and only occurs at extremes of motion. The best example would be putting my arm into the sleeve of a jacket.

What profession or specialty is best equipped to diagnose this injury?

Orthopaedist. See if there are any that treat athletes or specialize in the shoulder joint.

It could just be a rotator cuff issue, but the popping makes me think it's deeper in the joint. It's impossible to say with just text between us, though.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1 apple (50)
1 chicken breast (300)
1c milk (100)
3 eggs scrambled w/ 3 slices of ham (600)
3 slices of Pizza (900)
1c milk

= 2050

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
pre 500

post oat slurry 800

3x cottage cheese 360

4 egg burrito 650

milk & nat pb ~450

FS 5x5 130
OP 3x8 70
Be 3x8 95
IR 3x10 bw
PshUp 3x10
RevCr 3x12

Phoning insurance company tomorrow to line up dentist & orthopedist.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i'm back. i'm giving this one more go and if not switching to another plan

160g protein (120g tuna, 40g turkey breast)
14g carbs (2 tomatoes)

ECGx2, 3.6 O3, multivit, 1.8g calcium

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
I have never found the low carb thing the least bit unsustainable if you're taking in a decent caloric intake. Is it really that hard to for people to not eat bread, sugar, pasta and potatoes? Because that's pretty much what you're giving up.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was going to do my lift at like 7pm tonight after class, but I was feeling kinda amped so I ran to gym to bang it out beforehand. Great session, good intensity, hard to not add more weight on a day like today, but I'm sticking to the program.

Squat:
5x115
5x135
5x165
5x165

Military press
5x95
5x105
5x125
5x140

Deadlift
5x135
5x165
5x195
5x220

Assistance:
deep decline situps - 3x10 +25lbs

Today's Diet:
2 cups of coffee w/ half and half (200)
Few ounces of ham (100)
2eggs scrambled with another couple ounces of ham (350)
Chicken & Sausage soup (275)
Grilled Chicken breast (300)
1c milk (100)
= 1325

45 mins of cardio in the evening. (-400-500?)

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
I have never found the low carb thing the least bit unsustainable if you're taking in a decent caloric intake. Is it really that hard to for people to not eat bread, sugar, pasta and potatoes? Because that's pretty much what you're giving up.

it's pretty ******* hard for an asian to give up rice :[

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ eh, not that hard actually.

Originally Posted by JD_May

1. Beer
2. Most alcoholic drinks
3. You do not eat out for leisure or business much, do you?

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
I don't drink anymore. But fair point, I can see why that'd suck for some people.

Hahahahaha... you have no idea how often. It's not hard to get a steak / chicken and veggies or a salad. Honestly it's just never felt like a big deal for me and I've done it a few times for long stretches (more than 6 months at a time).

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Right, but that would still take out 90% of dishes on the average menu, and virtually all appetizers, sides, desserts.

Why go through all that trouble if you are not a bodybuilder trying to shave away that last ounces of fat before a contest?

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's low carb, which is relatively easy, and there's LOW CARB, which is more difficult. I read an article suggesting new terminology. Low carb, ketogenic level low carb, and no carb (for some medical issue, causes seizures, don't remember).

I'll run a bit today, 2-3 miles.

oat slurry / veggie juice 800

3x cottage 360

4 egg burrito 650

???
???

~???

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's unfortunately a little time consuming, but I like to coat near-whole veggies with olive oil and burn them on a grill or in a pan in an oven set at 450. I find the char really lends a bite to the generally sweet background most good vegetables have.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mafgd