• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Poll: S2000vs350Z

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chrisjustinparr
Beats what you're driving. Seriously though between a used C5 Corvette or a 350Z (or an S2000) I would rather keep my 350z.

Yeah, no.

10nbzvr.jpg

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bawlin
Have fun driving around in this:

0905gmhtp_20_z+c5_corvette+interior_view.jpg

That's from a C5, you are aware this is from an older generation (one which dates back 12 years ago). Unfortunately, the newer interiors are not that great either, but one cannot deny what the car can accomplish on asphalt.

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are we honestly bringing interiors into the equation here? I thought we were talking about low-weight sports coupes, not leather-lined luxo barges.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't see any luxobarges here? I just see an idiot recommending a C5 Vette when we're discussing a high-strung 4-cylinder and a V6.

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd consider the C5 as an alternative. The interior isn't much worse than that of the S2000. You also get the V8 rumble and power, which I personally prefer over a high-strung 4 or 6.

And nobody can fault a C5 for lack of performance. For other things, yes, but we're talking about sports coupes here. I've never heard anyone compliment an S2000 for its wonderful, relaxing ride and low NVH.

Dburr

Reaction score
The OP asked which car was more stylish. I just can't accept either of these cars as "stylish". I think virtually all the Japanese performance cars are more garish than stylish. Corvettes and Vipers are cartoonish. These days you have to look to Europe for a stylish automobile.

Robertito

Reaction score
But there's nothing garish about the styling of the S2000, which doesn't resemble most Japanese cars.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
C5 Corvette interior:
0905gmhtp_20_z+c5_corvette+interior_view.jpg

S2000 interior:
2008-Honda-S2000-Interior-1280x960.jpg

I question the sanity of anyone who doesn't think the S2000 interior is one of the best-looking in a contemporary production car, nonetheless who thinks the C5 interior "isn't much worse."

I happen to hate how both the 350 and 370Z look, inside and out, so I'd never consider them. They look like bloated cartoon versions of vintage Zs and ZXs. I also don't understand how anybody could cross-shop between a C5 and an S2000. They are completely different cars with different emphases. It's not just about numbers, after all.

Mr.Pinchy

Reaction score
Wait, are we talking about more stylish interior or more stylish in attracting the womens? Because the Z gets their attention more than an S2000, at least at first.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chrisjustinparr
Wait, are we talking about more stylish interior or more stylish in attracting the womens? Because the Z gets their attention more than an S2000, at least at first.

Women who care about which particular $30k sporty car you drive are not women I'd want to attract.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Women who care about which particular $30k sporty car you drive are not women I'd want to attract.

When do you plan on getting your driver's license?

- B

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
When do you plan on getting your driver's license?

I've had it for 12 years, smartass. My first car was a Honda Prelude Type SH and my second was an Acura RSX Type S--yes, I'm partial to Hondas and high-revving inline-4s. Before I got the Prelude, I drove my dad's old 1987 300ZX. T-tops, baby. That's how you get women.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulioCesarSalad