• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Most drinkable cheap booze in your opinion?

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
McClelland's Single Malt, Highland is very nice and approx. $20 for a fifth. Excellent flavor.

Unfortunately, I have a hard time finding this near my new apartment, so I settle for Dewar's.

When it's cheap beer, I need some Nattie Boh. I'm heading to Baltimore this weekend, so I'm thinking of stocking up.

uhurit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For straight-up drinking, Tanqueray vodka is the cheapest and the best vodka that I've ever had

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Elijah Craig 12 - bourbon
Milagro blanco or repesado - Tequila
Islay Mist - Blended Scotch
Tomatin 10 - Single malt scotch
Appleton Estate VX Jamaican - Rum
Tanqueray Rangpur - Gin (well, kind of anyways, its great over ice and most cheap gin is awful straight up)
Titos - Vodka

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jim Beam Black

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
Fee brothers is good people. Their 'whisky aged' and cherry examples are...

Originally Posted by IUtoSLU
I already own all of those except the chocolate and rhubarb.

Originally Posted by denning
Pio. I have the Fee Brothers West Indian Orange, Peach and Cherry Bitters. All freakin' fantastic. I've always been one to put a dash or four of Angostura bitters into my G&T, but I now use the Fee Brothers bitters for a different take. They lend an amazing aroma to any drink.

Because I am in Canada I couldn't order from Amazon and I had to order from www.kegworks.com, but found them to have very good prices.

Nice to see so many fans of bitters. I will admit, I did not wander outside the Angustora for my beloved manhattans, until the last few years. But even just the Angustora...what a difference with vs. without. It's amazing how 2-3 dashes can change an entire drink.

I'm going to try a Martinez this weekend. If my new orange bitters have not arrived, I need to use either Angustora or Peychaud. Which one do you think I should try first?

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't drink much in the cheap booze category, but I guess if I was forced, it'd be George Dickel No. 8 or Old Forrester.

Tangfastic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I'm down to my last few pennies and want a bottle of something I'll go for ginger wine - strong, cheap and tastes good. Martini substitutes and fortified wines are another option (port and sherry are often knocked down to under £5 a bottle).

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
I agree with many of the previous suggestions that stated that Svedka is indeed a good value for cheap vodka that doesn't taste like cheap vodka.

As far as wine- I am no expert but Trader Joe's seems to have a nice collection of bottles under 4-5 bucks that are all quite good.

Miller High Life is without a doubt the best cheap beer. $10 for an 18 pack? Count it! I also feel that Yuengling is a real winner where available. Same thoughts on Narragansett.

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How cheap is cheap?

I will still throw down on a 30-pak of keystone light for $12. And dont forget the handle of mccormicks vodka for about $15. Add in juice and your just as fucked up as something fancy. In fact, if im drinking mixed drinks Ill just get the low range stuff anyways.

Morgan

Reaction score
I've never come across any bad bourbon in the $15-25 range. Despite the wide variety of brands, most of them are just different recipes made in the same few distilleries, like Heaven Hill and Buffalo Trace (formerly Ancient Age). Often the high-end brands are just batches or barrels of low-end brand bourbon that aged particularly well, and so were segregated and allowed to continue improving before being bottled as premium liquor (which they are).

cheessus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll +1 on the Svedka vodka and add Tanqueray Rangpur to the list, which I can sometimes get at Safeway for $15/fifth.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I can't drink the stuff really, but soju here is about $1.10/bottle and 1-2 ******** an amateur up, 3-4 gets the locals sick, and it's not uncommon to see people drink a few more on top of that per person. The entire country is hammered on it whenever the sun don't shine, so I guess it's drinkable (but not in the sense of 'tasty')...

If I'm slummin it lately, a big carton of sake, or a fifth of Tanqueray. I love beer but I gotta drink $20 worth over here in cans to make it work for me.

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
I don't drink much in the cheap booze category, but I guess if I was forced, it'd be George Dickel No. 8 or Old Forrester.

Hah...small timer.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andyh78